Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Studio B this Friday

• 21-04-2004 2:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭

Studio B @ the Legal Eagle this friday, 9:30 - 2:30 door tax a fiver after 9:00

Con & Polska [bassbin, inperspective uk, kin]
    Polska has been causing a storm worldwide with his thoughtful electronica meets atmospheric drum and bass style. his forthcoming double pack on highly respected uk label inperspective has been receiving heavy rotation from all the right dj's and has been regularly aired on bbc's 1xtra digital radio station

2Bit
    better known for his hardcore and breaks, tonight he's digging out his drum and bass.

Executive Steve [thats me that is]
    well its a warmup set so expect lots of classic V recordings, a smidgin of old school, and a few mellow dubby flavours from the likes of calibre digital and breakage.

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Well done Steve,
    this gona be a regular thing on fri's now in the legal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

well fridays have been regular drum and bass weekly since studio b moved from thomas house when that shut down last summer, the late licence is a new thing though, its a deadly vibe down there really nice crowd, they have house on saturdays as well but ive never bothered going down, this is just the one-off for me, at least, i'm hoping i impress and get to play there again [its me first ever "proper" djing (as opposed to mc-ing) gig you see!]. my tastes are pretty much in line with the girl who runs it though so i reckon theres a chance of more to come, unless i REALLY SERIOUSLY screw up, which i doubt very much that i will... at least i hope i wont! :D

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Yea I've been to the 1210 on saturdays loads of time, do drink an go out with the lads running it.
    is the girl you speak of have blonde hair by any chance?
    you should go there some saturday, its a good enough laugh if there's a few of yis ;)
    Hope it goes well for yea and get get a spot on fridays and never knew it was dnb on fri!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

ah right so you know steve whatshisname then too? i know a fair few heads who go down to 1210, i hear really nice things about it, its just that i always seem to end up in the metropolitan on saturday nights....

the girl that runs the fridays isnt blond, [i think i know the girl youre talking about though... ] she wears a chunky pair of glasses, isnt very tall and shouts a lot. and drinks buckfast like its about to go out of fashion.... she has her own personal smiley on streetbeats.co.uk and has been pottering about in the studio with elmo aka natty ted so hopefully something good will come out of that!

the gig went ok.... i turned up on time and played some nice tunes which is all that really matters, i'll be putting my set online as soon as i can find some hosting....

heres what i played anyway:

dj ron - 21st century - parousia
    a-sides - follow the groove - eastside
    die - special treat - v recordings
    calibre - trust - signature
    a-sides - assassins [facs remix] - eastside
    total science - embargo - advanced recordings
    mathematics - left of centre - phuturo
    ??? - ??? - chronic 12
    firefox - back out of dis - philly blunt
    spirit - spellbound - metalheadz
    calibre - twister - 31
    scorpio - li li - v recordings
    cyantific - all points west - hospital
    nasty habits - nhs [total science remix] - 31
    accident and emergency - operation - looney tunes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Lenny, next time you're in the Metropolitan, check out the patches of missing paint around the DJ box - that's B's doing.

• Advertisement
Advertisement