Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Singles Charts

Options
  • 21-04-2004 3:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭

Can anyone tell me where on the intarweb I might view the Top 100 Irish singles, or even top 50? All I can find is the top 40, and I'm starting to get irritated searching

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,986 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

maybe they only go down as far was 40 - you only have to sell about 10 records to get into the top 40 anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Zoton

• Registered Users Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

Thanks Zoton. I actually checked IRMA's site but didn't realise it went to 50!!

Originally posted by loyatemu
    maybe they only go down as far was 40 - you only have to sell about 10 records to get into the top 40 anyway.

Interesting side note... how many singles would you have to sell to get into the top 40? Anyone know for sure?

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Zoton

It completely depends on how sales are that particular week of release. But probably not that many, plus they would each have to be inputted into irma's compiler thingy which doesn't happen in every record shop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭begbie

Why would anyone be interested in the irish singles chart. Stuff that gets in the charts is rubbish, hence the irish recording buying public buys crap.:dunno:

• Advertisement

Originally posted by begbie
    Why would anyone be interested in the irish singles chart. Stuff that gets in the charts is rubbish, hence the irish recording buying public buys crap.:dunno:

Friends of mine were supposed to be in the charts with their new single. They're not crap. In at 33 this week. Fair play.

Alright, cool man. As long as their a decent hard working band. Unlike most of the crap in the irish charts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Kalina

The majority of people who buy music singles are still in their teens I reckon and that market is saturated with boybands and Britney Spears style music so no wonder most of the stuff in the chart is pretty bad. I haven't bought a single since I was in secondary school.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

nothing wrong with britney.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,710 ✭✭✭Kurdt

Alright, cool man. As long as their a decent hard working band. Unlike most of the crap in the irish charts.

didnt snow patrol get into the top 5 recently with 'run'???

decent hard working band all the way!!!

i'd say for somewhat decent charts look at the phantomfm charts... somewhere on www.phantomfm.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

well i buy about five singles a week / 13 every three weeks but theyre all vinyl and from small shops without barcode machines... if EVERY record shop had the imro counter thing you would be very surpised at the way the charts looked...

I have never bought a single and never will.:D

Friends of mine - 8ball. Just recently signed. So if you wanna support Irish music, get their single, it's only 3 eurons.

Advertisement