Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Championship Manager 00/01

Options
  • 21-04-2004 4:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭

Is there any good free players in this version?

Also, i never manage to get a striker to score alot of goals or ever improve young players. I must be doing something wrong.:dunno:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭phenom

rooney is cheap in that also samba is good

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Where do I start?

Not free, but cheap and very good...

GK Mark Tyler

CB Gary Doherty (stop sniggering, I'm serious...captained Ireland to a WC final for me)
    CB Chris Morgan (think he starts at Barnsley)

DMC Phil Parkinson (oldish, starts at Reading but he is savage in the 1st/2nd division, he was past it by the time I got to the Prem)
    DMC Gary Mason (he's Scottish, but I can't remember where he starts)

AM Jussi Kujala (think he starts at Ajax, but he's not cheap)
    AM James Coppinger (at Newcastle, decent youngster)

CF Craig Farrell (at Leeds, try and get him a year or two after the game starts)
    CF Neil Fenn (if you're in a lower division, savage on loan to me at Shelbourne)

Best striker I ever had in it was Vincenzo Montella. Got him on a free from Roma at 34 and he basically won me the Champions League single-handed.

Also try Emmanuel Calaio (Italian), brilliant striker but pricy again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭begbie

Thanks!:D

At the moment i'm managing Finn Harps, so its kinda hard to get players from other leagues to sign.

I've managed to find a few good free players.

My tatics aren't the best, but i guess i'm doing alright.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭JippoKelly

Is Helder Postiga on a free transfer in 00/01. I can't remember if I'm mixing 00/01 with 99/00.

And Carlos Martins, Vasco Mata as well might be worth a go.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭begbie

Oh, he would be a good siging. I know Hugo Viana is a free on it. I signed him. He's only 16 at the moment, so maybe i can turn him into a class player. Doubt it though since i've never managed to get any youth player to develop into a good senior player with good stats.:dunno:

• Advertisement
Advertisement