Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

shock ! overbilled by eircom

• 21-04-2004 9:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭

i think...

first bill so got the 40 or so.. the 90 quid or so installation charge fine

then a line rental charge for 3 months at 80 quid???

whats this ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

That's about right... assuming you're billed quarterly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Verdammt

That's Eircon fücking you up the ass. They expect you to pay for your broadband 2 months in advance.

When you go into a pub and buy a drink the barman doesn't ask you to pay for your next few pints before you order them , does he ????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 George_h

I got broadband from Irish Broadband. installation 35 a month and no limits 512 up/down. Was originally going for eircom but moved house literally across the road. The old house could get broadband but the new house couldn't. Its a new estate and there's only 50m between the houses. Screw that.
    Stumbled across irish broadband website and installed it. they're rolling out around dublinGreat speed, link hadn't gone down at all unlike say NTL which some lads I know had. The connection speed was all over the place.
    Had probs with overcharging but there was a genunine reason for that and all the staff are pleasant to deal with. Sorted it quick too.

So I give them 7 thumbs up
    :ninja:

I've had my fun and thats all that matters

Advertisement