Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MSN Messenger with Admin rights

Options
  • 21-04-2004 9:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭

Hi

I need a IM client that can access MSN that can be installed without having Admin rights on a PC.

Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Trillian. That usually works I think. Works in college anyway. Link

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Time to figure out the damned proxy now too :ninja:

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Put your 1337 hax0rring hat on.

</gayness>

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

You won't get MSN using trillian through the Vodafone proxy jesus_thats_gre.

I had to set up my own SOCKS proxy on an....em...unsecured machine to get it to work. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Originally posted by seamus
    You won't get MSN using trillian through the Vodafone proxy jesus_thats_gre.

I had to set up my own SOCKS proxy on an....em...unsecured machine to get it to work. :)

Vodafone? I wont be using it there...

Mind you, its a pretty secure network so I would probably have to do the same. Not worth the hassle so!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 545 ✭✭✭ColmOT [MSFT]

Wow...Just reading this thread makes me wonder how I'd survive if I had to work on a machine where I didn't have admin rights!

The first thing everyone does where I work when they set up a new machine is add their network alias to the local Administrator's group!!

Guess I should count my lucky stars......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭Duffman

http://amsn.sourceforge.net , Great msn client, supports connection through port 80 (HTTP) if others are blocked...

Should do the trick..

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Boberto

What i do is copy the msn messenger folder from my laptop and put it on my work pc... It works without being installed... hehe. Don't ask me how :p

Advertisement