Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just got a new piercing.....??

Options
  • 21-04-2004 10:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭Teddi

I got a new piercing on my tragus today..(top of ear)

last time i got it done it was with a gun and it was a stud.....this time i got a ring with the needle applicant

jsut a quick question.......its a bit more sensitive now than it was last time ..at this time....and i cant rotate the ring...i think the reason for this is that it blead alot with it was pierced and as we all no....the blood stops its flow by a bllod clot......is the clotting holding my ring in place????

i know it will loosen up...just that its sore to clean.....i know i just got it today...but just some warm water and salt tomorrow??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭Chaos_Path

do a sea salt soak for a few days, twice a day...
    (mix up some sea salt *not table salt* with some warm water then soak a cotton pad in it and apply it to the piercing)

this should draw any crusties out and clean the piercing.
    DONT!!! rotate the piercing though, as this draws in new bacteria and old crusty lymph back into the hole, which can lead to infections and prolong the healing process.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭Teddi

31 views and only 1 reply...and its a piercing forum....people?? :(:confused:

thanks chaos.....atleast he was bothered... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭screamager

chaos knocked the nail on the head there. cept i'm not too found of cleaning with cotton buds and the like. if you soak it the crust should just fall off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭cartman

never knew the top was called the tragus too, the center tragus was the only one i knew of, hmm.. well do what chaos said, also get salene solution, its the best healing all piercings, dip it onto cotton buds and away you go.

thanks lads...

it seems to be healing up.......i can move the ring more now and the swollen..redness has died down...yeay!!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Teddi, please stop the '.....'s between every word, it's hard to read posts from someone who writes like you do; i've already mentioned this to you and if you can't oblige I may have to ban you temporarily from this forum.

Chaos would be a girl, donchaknow.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

Are yea not supposed to move a ring in all piercings?
    as i think this could be the reason why my nipple still has that little bit of constant fully unhealing...

oh..uh sorry chaos.....

the name didnt boost that idea too well....sorry about that :)

if your piercings infected, its best not to remove the Jewellery. the hole closes up and seals in the infection, making it alot worse and then it`ll take alot longer to heal.

leave the jewellery in as this acts as a drain, if its really bad apply sea salt soaks or maybe see a doctor about a course of antibiotics?
    oh and rotating the ring in a fresh piercing just brings in new dirty bacteria, plus any crusties stuck to the ring will probably tear the forming fistula.

i should shut up really.

• Advertisement

thanks chaos......just a quick question..

wheres a good place to buy nice ear rings...stud?..

not just the plain standard ones that are all over the place...

i dont mind slightly expensive ones, for guys that is? :confused::p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭screamager

have a look around the internet. http://www.wildcat.co.uk or http://www.coldsteel.co.uk. dublin is a complete rip off for jewellery. snakebite seem to be the cheapest though.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,916 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• The tragus is not the top of your ear, I think you mean helix?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

This in the GSA? To be honest I'm not surprised if it is. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,916 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Hate to break it to you pal but Claire's isn't exactly Snakebite either, and leave the piercing the **** alone! The less you touch it and paw it and generally have anything to do with it, the better for the sake of its healing.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

Moving the jewellry or not it doesnt make much of a difference. The only thing that is going to stop the jewellery from moving is either a) Swollen area just after piercing or b) Blood Clot around the jewellery.
    Now im not doctor but if the blood has clot around the jewelery it means its healing so leave it alone and let it do its job.

Advertisement