Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Far Cry: clearly, I am a fool

Options
  • 21-04-2004 11:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭

I can't figure out how to blow up the armoury in the pier level.

I've gotten to the point where I *think* I've wasted everyone in the mercenary camp, I have a keycard and some explosive: I can't figure out where to use the keycard, and the door to the armoury is closed (and locked)

Help.........

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

IIRC, you don't need to get into the cage. There's a bomb place beside it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭glimmerman

erm.. where??

Also not sure about a cage, I can't actually enter the armoury itself... although I can see weapons on the walls etc inside I can't go through the door.

Are you in a big warehouse type thingy?

no I'm outside in the camp. I've been through all the hangars canteens admin blocks barracks etcetc.
    I've just walked out the briefing hangar and am facing the armoury: theres a couple of barrels and a box outside it, but nothing explodes when I shoot it. and the door is closed. firmly closed. theres a window with a few bars on it, which I can see through into the armoury itself.

Ah yeah, I was stuck on that bit for a minute. Try turning off any alarms that are going. There's a keycard in one of the barracks.

• Advertisement

cool, will give it a go tomorrow :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

i didn't have this problem - but my brother did - he said he just left the area and continued on with the rest of the mission and doyle met him at the pier.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Originally posted by davidwwalsh
    i didn't have this problem - but my brother did - he said he just left the area and continued on with the rest of the mission and doyle met him at the pier.
    aye, that happened to me as well...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

Actually there's something i can't do in Far Cry atm too - get it to work! it installed ok but when i went to run it the screen went black for a second as if it was about to start then it just stopped and went back to the desktop without any error message. Has anyone got any ideas what's going wrong with it? It's a bit like the fault with battlefield where if you didn't set the screen hz to 60 it wouldn't load up if any has seen that before.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭eden_my_ass

For what its worth - I've been told that Far Cry has issues with Clone CD being on your system...don't know how true this is

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

the C4 is in one building and the keycard is in another building.

i finished farcry over last weekend, fantastic game all the way through, but
    the ending is tame compared to the rest of the game and is very anti-climactic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

Originally posted by glimmerman
    no I'm outside in the camp. I've been through all the hangars canteens admin blocks barracks etcetc.
    I've just walked out the briefing hangar and am facing the armoury: theres a couple of barrels and a box outside it, but nothing explodes when I shoot it. and the door is closed. firmly closed. theres a window with a few bars on it, which I can see through into the armoury itself.

There is a bug on that level that has been affecting some people, myself included. The door to the armoury wont open even if you have a keycard. I had to load my previous checkpoint and it had no problems from then on.

hmmmm, still can't get it to open, tried finding alarms to shutdown but no go: is it worth going into it, or should i just move on and meet whatsisface at a later point.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Meet him later, the game kinda adapts to you if you go a different way or miss something out, obviously not everything but little things can be done loads of different ways.

sean

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Originally posted by eden_my_ass
    For what its worth - I've been told that Far Cry has issues with Clone CD being on your system...don't know how true this is

I think it's more to do with the CloneDrive, though I could be wrong.

Advertisement