Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

kill bill runners

• 22-04-2004 12:49am
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭

given that theres no fashion forum I'll post this here:

A mate of mine who works in a clothes shop told me they got a pair of kill bill style yellow runners in the other day, but they sold really quickly etc, and he cant remember the brand.

I did some googling, and no where seems to have anything remotely like what Im looking for, so does anyone here have a link of the footwear?

I think it would look pretty cool to have yellow and black runners...tbh

Flogen

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

Google better ;)

This is probably them - http://www.asicstiger.com/killbill/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Puck

I don't know the actual name of them and I haven't seen them outside of the film but they're made by ASICS, if that's any help to you, and are a tribute to Bruce Lee's runners in Game of Death.

[edit]Damn my slow typing![/edit]

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭flogen

yup, thats them Exit, thanks alot, I thought they were asics alright, but couldnt find anything on their site

cheers,

Flogen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

imagine the price just because they're from a movie...

aren't they a girls runner...since...Uma...is...one?

actually, I heard theyre pretty cheap, like €50, which is good for runners generally (well, pretty good).

and no, they are the coolest runners ever, thus for men only ;)

Flogen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

€50 isn't too bad...

and yeah, I supose they're cool...but they'll get filthy and tone down a bit...

I hope you're considering a bright yellow jumpsuit to match? ;)

I hope you're considering a bright yellow jumpsuit to match?

Im sewing it together as we speak....;)

Theyre limited edition, so they'll be tough to get, ebay has them for a couple of hundred, Im gonna hike around dublin with money looking for them :D

Flogen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Man if they go for 50 euro stock up on them and put them on ebay. They go for loads on there, especally the yellow ones

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

They're Asics Onitsuka Tiger, and while you can get them in the shops relatively cheaply, the yellow ones sell for £50-100 on ebay. Supply and demand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

Yeah, they're called Onitsuka Tiger.

I got this pair in Schuh in Galway. Meant for martial arts so they're really comfortable. Look alot cooler than the same old Adidas and Nike runners you see everywhere as well. I'll definately be getting another pair.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

What's even cooler about the runners besides the colour, is what's written on the bottom of them. Freeze frame the shot where shes walking across the glass floor (shot from underneath the floor). F-U-C-K U is written on them (without the -'s of course).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 344 ✭✭Coney Island

They look brilliant! Anyone knows a shop in Dublin where I can find them?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

My boyfriend has the black and red leather pair in that photo and they look class on. He also has another pair, red fabric this time, with white stripe and again, they stand out. Neither of the pairs were particularly expensive, I think E20 for the red pair on the sale rack in Schuh Dublin and stg£40 for the black pair in Schuh Leeds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

those runners have been out for ages, just not in that UGLY mustard colour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 LebonIRL

I got the red and black pair at Christmas time in Glasgow. I think they were about £40stg. They're damn cool though. I have to carry a stick with me now whenever i wear them to beat the women off with!

Serious ;o)

Advertisement