Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

the big bang

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭albertw

Originally posted by dictatorcat
    In our "enlightened" age of science god is nothing more than a relic of poverty and opression and is no more a likely reason for the creation of the universe than faries

In any case these comments have no place in scientific reasoning.

Cheers,
    ~Al

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭dictatorcat

Originally posted by albertw
    In any case these comments have no place in scientific reasoning.

Cheers,
    ~Al

This isn't a thread about scientific reasoning!

The original question was:
    Creationism's willingness to unravel God still leaves a great big gaping void as to how it all began.
    We are lead to believe that there was a big bang, a great event which brought about life as we know it, but what exactly banged into what?

any thoughts?

I believe i made my thoughts clear:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭albertw

This is a scientific forum. As such answers to the original question should not result in abusing religion.
    In our "enlightened" age of science god is nothing more than a relic of poverty and opression and is no more a likely reason for the creation of the universe than faries

That comment adds nothing to the discussion and is just trolling your views on religion. Take it to a religion/pilosophy group.

Cheers,
    ~Al

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,552 ✭✭✭✭GuanYin

Ok. This is a general message and not aimed at anyone in particular. I've already banned a user from this forum for turning a thread into a religious debate.

If you want to go that route you have two options:

1. Go to Christianity, Paganism, Buddhism or a religious forum.

2. Post in Science in a Science Vs. Religion type thread.

This is for space and astronomy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭joshcork

Creationism's willingness to unravel God still leaves a great big gaping void as to how it all began.

Well as far as I know a singularity whch is convienient for science as all laws breakdown and stuff happens :p

• Advertisement
Advertisement