Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Any free international web based texts progs

• 22-04-2004 11:02am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭

I know the likes of Vodafone give you free web texts but that is only to mobiles in Ireland and was wondering in anyone does the same jobby but to mobiles abroad, as I have a mate in Oz
    Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 637 ✭✭✭Emmo

o2 lets you send your free web based SMS to lots of international locations

Emmo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭cubix

Cheer will give them a shout

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

You have to have an O2 mobile to use their service though. Its very good too, as it puts your phone number on the message so that the recipient can reply directly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭cubix

Have a couple of different sims, so sorted:D :
    Thks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 902 ✭✭✭thesteve

i remember a couple of years ago i used to use the chat program ICQ to send free texts to my girlfriend who was working in germany at the time, the cool thing about it was when she replied, it wouldn't come up on my phone, it would pop up on my screen, made it handy as i was in work and it looked like I was working all the time, plus it was easier and faster to type via the pc keyboard

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭BigMoose

MTN South Africa used to give unlimited international SMS from their web site but I've a feeling that's either limited to a few a day or doesn't work international any more. Been a while since I used it. http://www.mtn.co.za/

Got a feeling it stopped working unlimited around the time ICQ did. Shame, as they were both very useful!

Advertisement