Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2 +2= my 4 cents

Options
  • 22-04-2004 12:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭

henbane had the tone, respectful, informed compassionate.
    He made a good point about the prisons but could have expanded it.

There was a flaw to his logic however. Smoking isnt a pain releaver. Smoking causes the agitation
    he uses it to releave. By quiting smoking your standard of living rises.
    Terminal ill patients can live for several years after being diagnosed terminal.

James Melodys post was just a copy of oscarbravos, nothing new, nothing phrased better.
    Shows a lack of either communication or innovation. No matter how important a point is,
    its best to move on to another and avoid over lap

DapperGent.
    Well its one we all expected though he made it better than many publicans ive heard.
    IT was a fair point well made but there are many reasons it wont work, but thats
    for his opposition to point out. A good rebuttle can be mmore valuable
    than a good point.

irish1s point of the family is shovanistic and just illegal. Its liker slapping a
    child (which is illegal anyway) when the child has done nothing wrong.

fitzs rebuttle hit the nail on the head. Well done. Though he had 10,000
    characters to use, he might have done more

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭Vader

ops, this was supposed to be in that other thread under my post " my two cents"
    must of hit the wrong botton....

could who ever mods this forum just throw it in there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 irishboy

You cant ban smoking in pubs considering the best things in life is sitting down in your favorite pub listening to good music drinking a guiness and smoking a cigarette.

By banning smoking in pubs you are banning the true and complete essence of pubs yes there are people who mind smoking in pubs. However none of us would much mind a walled off smoking section. or better yet just some pubs could voluntarily become non smoking pubs giving people the choice.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

Originally posted by irishboy
    However none of us would much mind a walled off smoking section. or better yet just some pubs could voluntarily become non smoking pubs giving people the choice.

Actually most of us do mind. Also, if you actually read any of the numerous threads on the subject you would discover that even if the ban is not the perfect solution it actually is the most practical.

MrP

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 irishboy

well i dont care if alot of people do mind we already pay enough in tax on our cigarette's to make your lives better when the heck are you non smokers ever going to have to sacrafice everything and the ban is not the most practical smoking and non smoking pubs is the more practical and the easiest solution.

and if we werent talking about smoking in pubs id point out that alcohol is 50 % more likely to kill a person then smoking is. if a person has more then two drinks a day.

so why dont you just go to a non smoking pub leave me to my smoking pubs and will all go to an early grave where we wont give a fu(king shoite what either one of us is doing.

......no go away or i shall taunt you a second timea

Jesus. Here we go again.

-Smoking and Non-smoking pubs won't work. I'm not going to explain it again, read the fcuking post on the subject.

-Pubs exist to sell booze not to allow people to smoke.

-When a person drinks the health risk is to that person. When you smoke you damage yourself and those arround you.

I don't really expect you to understand any of this, or even if you do the admit it. You appear to be from the selfish bastard side of the smoking debate and as such are completely closed to reason. All you can see I that your right to smoke in a particular place is being limited. You cannot see beyond this to the fact that you smoking effects people other than yourself.

MrP

Edit: You will also find that a lot of smokers also support the ban.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Originally posted by MrPudding

-When a person drinks the health risk is to that person. When you smoke you damage yourself and those arround you.

Thats a very narrow minded view on the cost of drinking to society you have Pudding. I think you'll find that drink and its associated behaviour causes a lot more harm to society than smoking ever will.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by irishboy
    You cant ban smoking in pubs considering (whatever)
    Apparently we can.

Originally posted by The Muppet
    Thats a very narrow minded view on the cost of drinking to society you have Pudding. I think you'll find that drink and its associated behaviour causes a lot more harm to society than smoking ever will.

I know that alcohol can have ill effects on others. These tend to be social rather than physical, unless of course you get beat up by a drunk. It is no fun living in a house with an aclcoholic but only in extreme cases will it cost the non-drinker his or her life.

I have been unable to find one so perhaps you would be kind enough to post your source for the figures that say alcohol and it associated behaviour causes a lot more harm than smoking ever will. See, I find that funny, I was always under the impression that smoking and related illnesses was the number one killer.

Do you think that we should ban drinking now too?

By the way muppet, did you ever get round to answering those questions I asked you in the other thread? I doubt it. You seem to be stuck in broken record mode.

MrP

Advertisement