Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rossi tests Ferrari F1

• 22-04-2004 12:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭

Valentino Rossi tested a 2004 Ferrari yesterday. Not only was it his first time in an F1 car, it was his first time in a single seater car of any description. No official time was released though unofficially he went quicker than Luca Badoer's time set on the same day and was only 3 secs off Schumachers lap record. Seriously, seriously impressive.

I reckon it's only a matter of time before he switches to 4 wheels, perhaps once he wraps up the MotoGP title for Yamaha this year?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,518 ✭✭✭Kalina

I don't know anything about MotoGP but if Ferrari are testing young guns like Rossi then the chances of someone like Fisichella getting a Ferrari seat are minimal.
    Just an observation. Maybe I should start watching MotoGP!! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

Will be interesting to keep an eye on...

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭brainstorm

t'will be a few years id say before rossi changes over.... if at all. Id say Massa is lined up for when schumi or rubens quit, perhaps fisi and/or trulli too. course theres always a chance for Kimi and JPM to move over at some stage.... money talks in F1, loyalty is only secondary........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Trulli will never drive a Ferrari. Ever.

I dunno, they need someone big to replace Schumacher, I don't think Fis/Massa have enough charisma. Getting Rossi in would generate enormous interest and Ferrari would like an Italian in the car, I think, especially a world famous Italian with more character than the entire F1 grid put together.

It looks like he has the talent, I'd love to see it happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

Hmm anyone reckon Schuey could get that close to Rossi timewise on a bike? :)

• Advertisement

Only if he got thrown off the thing and flew across the start/finish line :p

Not a prayer.... its probably harder to go from F1 to bikes then the other way... i would think handlingwise..... couldnt see schumi letting the rear slide on a bike.. can u really do a quick opposite lock and not be thrown off?????

Watch Rossi slide his Yamaha all over the place at the next race. Garry McCoy used to go into corners sideways on his bike. Phenominal skill and bravery!

yeah rossi can do it but schumacher?????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭neokenzo

Dont think Rossi will fo F1. He just likes to try things out. He even did rally once iirc. Rossi is a league on his own. Far better beyond Schumy if you can compare the both.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Rossi is a league on his own. Far better beyond Schumy if you can compare the both.

How can you compare them ?
    How can you say one is better then the other?
    Schumi is better F1 driver of course and Rossi a better MotoGP rider.
    How do you say Rossi is far better then Schumi?
    As in what context?
    Im not a fan of the arrogant German but i see he is the best F1 driver about.
    I am a fan of Rossi ,i think he is amazing.
    Didnt Colin Mc Rae try out the Steward Ford F1 car a few years back also.

On another note someone mentioned Fisicela getting a chance with Ferrari.
    What is it with him and everyone saying he is great?
    He is very average and to hear them muppets on RTE Collins in particular going on about Fizzy and his unseen talent is so annoying.
    Notice how he never refers to him as Fizzy since he left Jordan.
    I would like to see Fisicela get a good drive ,he is a great guy and one id like to see do well but i doubt he is in top 5 drivers on the grid but then again he never had a decent car.
    My God that Collins is a muppet.

Well like I said in my previous post "IF" both of them can be compared. Besides its just my opinion.

There's no doubt Schumy is one of the best drivers out there, though I too not a fan of him, BUT I believe he is the best because he has the best car as well. I'm not sure if you put him in a different car, he can perform the same.

Unlike Rossi who went to a different team. One which did not dominate the sport. In such a short time he had assist Yamaha won their first race for some time. Thats id great.

Again its only my opinion :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Unlike Rossi who went to a different team. One which did not dominate the sport. In such a short time he had assist Yamaha won their first race for some time. Thats id great

Fair point and i totally agree with your example.
    I seriously doubt too if Schumi could do the same if he switched to McLaren.
    So in that context i see and thoroughly agree with your point.
    It was indeed a fantastic achievement for Rossi and one only true greats can even dream of.
    Another thing i notice about Rossi he normally gets a poor start and finds himself down the field "as far as 12th" in the past i believe ,but he doesnt panic he knows he has the talent to come back and on countless occasions ive seen him have a bad start only to go on and win yet another race,simply fantastic rider.

Originally posted by Dcully
    Another thing i notice about Rossi he normally gets a poor start and finds himself down the field "as far as 12th" in the past i believe ,but he doesnt panic he knows he has the talent to come back and on countless occasions ive seen him have a bad start only to go on and win yet another race,simply fantastic rider.

Agreed :D I think he is the only motosport racer that no matter where he starts on the field I know he will eventually get to the front. He's really unbelievable :)

Advertisement