Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Post still not operating fully?

Options
  • 22-04-2004 12:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭

I don't know if this is the right place to post this, but if it isn't mods please relocate it!

k, back to the topic

I ordered some stuff from the US that shipped via the USPS, and 2 weeks have passed and I didn't get anything!

It's the first time I order something from the US, is that normal or what should I do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Yeah, An post is still slow. Play.com deliveries are taking 10-14 days for me, so I'd give it another week....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

Ah, ok, I was starting to get a little suspicious

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

I'm waiting over two weeks also for play.com stuff. I'm waiting nearly three weeks for getlenses.com to give me my desperately needed lenses - and they're based in Dublin :(

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭jbkenn

USPS shipments are not handled by An Post, they are handled by GLS http://www.gls-ireland.com/ (of Komplett fame). have a look here http://uspeakout.com/dcforum/DCForumID4/880.html

Wish you luck

jbkenn

Oh God Damn!

I've got to start sending emails, it's a 3rd week already

• Advertisement

one question, do they deliver your parcels? or do you get a mail and you have to go and pick it up like with An Post?

• Registered Users Posts: 78,371 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Originally posted by CyberGhost
    one question, do they deliver your parcels? or do you get a mail and you have to go and pick it up like with An Post?
    That only happens when you are not home. GLS however seems to be excessive in sending bill first and then (not!) delivering the package.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭silent

Originally posted by jbkenn
    USPS shipments are not handled by An Post, they are handled by GLS http://www.gls-ireland.com/ (of Komplett fame). have a look here http://uspeakout.com/dcforum/DCForumID4/880.html

Wish you luck

jbkenn
    USPS Airmail over 4lbs only AFAIK
    all my USPS GPM, EMS and small weight Airmail still gets delivered by An Post
    haven't noticed a difference
    avoid USPS airmail for heavier items and problem solved.

Originally posted by Victor
    That only happens when you are not home. GLS however seems to be excessive in sending bill first and then (not!) delivering the package.

what do they bill you for? if you already payed for the delivery when you ordered?

*edit* grammer

what do they bill you for? if you already payed for the delivery when you ordered?
    Customs, VAT and "handling".

• Advertisement

I knew when you ordered via the USPS you didn't have to pay Customs and VAT!

I knew when you ordered via the USPS you didn't have to pay Customs and VAT!
    ?

Originally posted by Victor
    ?
    I think he means that he ordered a low price item which is very unlikely to get charged by customs when send by USPS

Originally posted by silent
    I think he means that he ordered a low price item which is very unlikely to get charged by customs when send by USPS

yep!

I just got a reply from the sender saying the parcel was 3.9 pounds, does that mean it will be handled by an post?

I just got a reply from the sender saying the parcel was 3.9 pounds, does that mean it will be handled by an post?
    I presume it depends on the size of the package too, maybe where in ireland you are too. From my experience anything that is not too heavy (4lbs+) and not too big (maybe bigger than a motherboard box) was allways handled by an post.
    good luck though :D

well it's a Matrix APU by Macfarlane,

btw, if it get's lost, where should i look for it?

the only thing i've got is customs number!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,535 ✭✭✭Pataman

If its any consolation I posted a small parcel in Dun Laoghaire to go to Dublin 7 on the 1st March. It arrived today!

Pataman LMAO!

I recieved the parcel today!

But to my unluckyness It arrived broken!

that's my damn luck!

Thanks for all the info guys!

• Advertisement
Advertisement