Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beginner game

• 22-04-2004 1:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭

I've been playing texas hold'em on and off for a while (not much, a few games when I was over in London and a little bit online).
    I wanted to try playing over here, as I think it's really fun. I wanted to go to fitzwilliams today (thursday 22nd) as I thought it would be the 10 euro game.

However, reading the boards it looks like its going to be a 250euro game.

Can anyone tell me if there is a place where I can play tonight, where the entryfee is max 20 euros?
    If not tonight, then I'd appreciate it if you can tell me the next time there will be a max 20 euro game somewhere.

Thanks!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Isn't there a 20 game in the Fitz on Monday nights?? Have a look through the Fitz threads, there's discussion of it somewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭careca

Wednesday in the Fitz is a €20 (plus €3 registration) game. You can actually spend up to €80 (top-ups allowed) but don't have to. Sunday night is the same. Monday in the fitz is €100.

There is also a €20 game on Fridays in the Merrion (unlimited rebuys for 1.5 hours). Again you just have to spend the original €20 (plus €3 registration). The rest is up to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭muffen

Thanks, this was really helpful information, gonna try my luck on sunday :)

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Normally tonight would be a free-in (often called Freeroll) game with a 10 euro topup but once every month they have a major game which is 270 in. On the normal Thursday nights the prize is a ticket to this big game.

This month is different again! There is an second big game where the prize is a WSOP (world series of poker) ticket (or the cash value of it, ie: 10K!). Thats the game that is on tonight... and next Thursday is the regular Big Game as usual. If you ring the Fitz (www.fitzwilliamcardclub.com) and ask there may be a freeroll at 6-6:30pm (often there is).

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭muffen

Thanks, the freeroll sounds good :)
    I think I'm gonna go down on sunday to see how it is (I have monday off work so its perfect)... and I will probably give the freeroll a try (nothing to loose so it sounds excellent).
    I really enjoyed the few games I played in London (in comparison, online poker is just boring) so I would love to get into it here a little atleast :)

Thanks for the info.. it has really been helpful.

• Advertisement
Advertisement