Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Zealand - Auckland & Queenstown

• 22-04-2004 1:19pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm heading to New Zealand in June for a few weeks with a few mates... first stop is Auckland for a couple of days and then on to Queenstown area for 2 weeks...

Anyone been in either location??

What are the best things to see and do??

I've been looking at a few sites etc to see whats about, but i'd rather get peoples opinion on them...

Thanks...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭Fearo

Hey,

I wish I was you! But I am going to live in New Zealand next November for a year.

Anyway, I have spent a month in New Zealand before. Auckland is cool, make sure you go up the viewing tower in the city centre. There are glass panels in the floor which is really freaky when standing on them so high up! Kept on thinking hte glass would break!

Spend more time in Queenstown, so much to do! I didnt have the balls to do a Bungy Jump but it looked amazing (from the ground!!) There should be a bit of snow around too! Try and make a trip up the mountains to the glaciers, so cool! There is good craic around the pubs there too!

Have a blast :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭silverside

Fearo im going to south island in october, is the weather ok to go up the mountains, would like to do a glacier walk or something like that, also some tramping. thx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭Fearo

Weather should be alright then but it can change really quickly just like here! I was Queenstown in October. It was cold but not too bad. Most the snow had gone but once you go up the mountains its still there. Perfect time to see the Glaciers. You will have an amazing time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

how cold exactly is it in NZ in the winter around june/july?

it'd be good to have an idea of what gear to bring...

Advertisement