Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox modding questions

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Try Filezilla and see what happens.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/filezilla/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 dexterfletcher

Thanks but I found the problem. Have XBMC installed now so just need to find the tutorials to see what I can do with it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭eoiner-galway

there is a new site out there for downloading xbox 360 games..... http://www.xbox360share.co.uk

i think there is a technical section on their blog, but its only a new site, so people wont have asked for the mods yet....

just thought i would help

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,727 ✭✭✭ec18

How do I go about modding my 360 so it'll play american games....Can it be done?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 ush1983

Hi,
    can anyone help,i want to get my xbox flashed,updated or chipped,im not
    really sure what the difference is, I just want to be able to play the discs,
    i dont use xbox live and i never use the hard drive to store anything,.....
    what exactly do i need,could i do it myself,and how much can i expect to
    spend.............

Gracias,Amigos..............................

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 414 ✭✭Dicksboro_man

got my xbox flashed by 360flashingireland.a great guy altogether!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 959 ✭✭✭4real

got my xbox flashed by 360flashingireland.a great guy altogether!!

is it worth buying a new pre-modded 360 from this guy??
    well its expensive afterall...

4real wrote: »
    is it worth buying a new pre-modded 360 from this guy??
    well its expensive afterall...
    no..wouldnt say so,its gonna be cheaper if u buy a console in gamestop or something and send it out to be flashed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,617 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

lads what do i need to do to the xbox 360 to play ntsc games

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭ROC1977

you need a Ntsc 360. You can't play US games on a PAL 360 unless the game is region free. So no Rockband 2 for you for a while!!!

Xbox 360's are region free machines. Its the publishers/developers that set the regions into the game code if they wish. Namely EA, appart from Tigerwoods.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭sinjin_smythe

Just one question ive been searching all over about. are there people who use xboxlive while playing a back up game on a flashed xbox? and is it worth having a falshed xbox if u only want to use it for xboxlive? i know you can keep firmware up to date and stealth files, but is it hard to do all this? and is it only a matter of time before microsoft catch up ?

Would really appreciate someone who might be in this situation answering those questions

I got 3 years on my first flashed xbox 360 online. I play all games online as long as they have been released in the shops. For example Fallout 3 isn't out for a few weeks so not logging onto live until then. They might catch you in the end, but the money you save on games and the 360 is so cheap now who cares!!!! lol

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭sinjin_smythe

so then it is a question of getting caught in the end ? but 3 years seems a good run

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭wexfordman

Hi Guys,

Having a bit of a prob hope someone can help. Had an old xbox and went to softmod it last week, long story short, made sh£$T£ of it!!! Think the reason was initially that the power off button was never working, so I had to power up by pushing the eject tray, but think this somehow just brings up the dfault ms dashboard.

Anyway, trust me, its in bits on the floor, so I went and got another one on ebay, which is hard modded, (executor2), so my understanding is it "Should" be easier to install xbmc on it. Now to be honest, I'm once again, totally flummoxed, and before I go and wreck a second xbox, want to ask if anyone has an easy guide on how I do this. Really, really basic guide would be great ?

Thanks,
    Wexformdan

• Registered Users Posts: 16,031 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

anyone looking to get there xbox 360 flashed in limerick send me a PM, throw in a few games too.
    cheers
    niall

niallo27 wrote: »
    anyone looking to get there xbox 360 flashed in limerick send me a PM, throw in a few games too.
    cheers
    niall

Odds are anyone with a new premium 60gig system you won't be able to flash.

did anyone flash their lite-on yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 30 sbcelt

did anyone flash their lite-on yet?

i just bought one how do i know if its a lite on, is that type of hdd or cd drive

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Slozer

I had to get a Samsung ms25 replacement drive for my xbox and I need someone to retrieve the key from the old one and flash the new drive. can anyone hep?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2 mb85

I`m flashing all version of Xbox Liteon is well. I`m from Sligo, give me a PM

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Funkyzeit

Hi,
    Sorry noob question.... I got my 360 flashed for me about a year ago - is there a way of telling what version of ixtreme is running on it?

Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 xirius

Hi lads,i'm new here. I wanna buy a xbox 360 Premium Console,and i'm looking for someone who can mod the console,cause i intend to play some copyied games. I'm not interest in online playing. If you cand help me,please post here,or PM me. Thanks and excuse my bad english.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,846 ✭✭✭discombobulate

xirius wrote: »
    Hi lads,i'm new here. I wanna buy a xbox 360 Premium Console,and i'm looking for someone who can mod the console,cause i intend to play some copyied games. I'm not interest in online playing. If you cand help me,please post here,or PM me. Thanks and excuse my bad english.

Same as. Already have the console. Living in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 BigPoppaFluff

mb85 wrote: »
    I`m flashing all version of Xbox Liteon is well. I`m from Sligo, give me a PM

Hiya MB85

Are u able to "chip" Xboxs?

Im from SLigo too

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭peaceboi

Hi guys, would like 2 share abt a fella nearby, who got his 360 console modded or flashed.:rolleyes: He says he download games of internet and burn on2 som dual layer disc & play them, all 4 free :eek:
    me on the other hand, spent a fortune on games.
    Just thought 2 ask u guys here 4 a helping hand, on modding.
    Has any1 sucessfully carried this out? Any pro's out there??
    Live around Dub-15. Please feel free 2 contact me.
    Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 1959

id like to get my xbox modded, if your availible let me know, im in the tipperary/limerick area

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,918 ✭✭✭Soarer

Looking to get my 360 modded, Cork area. If available, PM me.

Jaysus, that reads like a Lonely Hearts ad!:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Funkyzeit

Soarer wrote: »
    Looking to get my 360 modded, Cork area. If available, PM me.

Jaysus, that reads like a Lonely Hearts ad!:o

+ 1 (not the lonely hearts club bit ad!) - modchipireland (Chris) doesn't seem to be around at the moment so looking to get 360 modded for Wave 3 - any one in Cork modding?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 paddy-cork

hi,, was just wondering how do i upgrade my xbox to play the new games that are out? it will play all the old copied games but not news ones./. it is chiped and flashed already but that was done about a year and a half ago?. can anybody help?

• Advertisement

Firmware needs to be updated to iXtreme 1.51 or Higher.

Advertisement