Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox modding questions

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 paddy-cork

how do i do that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

paddy-cork wrote: »
    how do i do that?
    Same way you did it the last time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 paddy-cork

the fella who moded it the last time has moved though,, i dont know anybody that would do it now.. do ye know anybody?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Barbarian25

I am in the same situation as others. I got my Xbox flashed about a year and a half ago in cork. I dont have contact with the friend who knew the guy anymore. Anyone know of anybody in cork or surrounding counties who updates the firmware?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 917 ✭✭✭carbonkid

Im just wondering could my modded xbox video card be updated? Im having issues with the frame rate of some video files and would also like to play HD video files.

I have a PS3 but its media player works with only a couple of video files, avi only.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 hickeydermot

Serious noob questions coming up as i just got a xbox (ps3 convert) :)

ive flashed psps before so i know a little bit but first off

xbox live is 100% off limits then when you flash a xbox ?

why cant i just store all the game isos on a hard drive and boot them from there ?

Also in shannon Clare looking for someone to mod it for me

do i definitely need a dual layer disc burner to burn xbox games?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Serious noob questions coming up as i just got a xbox (ps3 convert) :)

ive flashed psps before so i know a little bit but first off

xbox live is 100% off limits then when you flash a xbox ?
    No, it works fine. Ive been on live with a modded box for 3 years. Theres always the chance youll get banned of course.
    why cant i just store all the game isos on a hard drive and boot them from there ?
    You can, but you still need the disk to play. This crack uses a custom firmware to fake the DVD challenge/response to allow the disk to boot.
    Also in shannon Clare looking for someone to mod it for me
    Do it yourself, its easy.
    Yes.

thanks man , ive it done already so im looking forward to cheap gaming

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Kev.

Or else you could get single layer disks and glue them together

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭heymayo

hi guys im wondering what do I need along with a for making backups of my xbox 360 games?? would a dual layer writer like this one be ok??

http://cgi.ebay.ie/NEW-LITEON-20x-EXTERNAL-DUAL-LAYER-DVD-RW-WRITER-BURNER_W0QQitemZ370229495510QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Computing_Drives_Storage_CD_DVD_Drives_ET?hash=item563365c6d6&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=65%3A12|66%3A2|39%3A1|72%3A1301|293%3A1|294%3A50

Also what else do I need, Cheers?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,582 ✭✭✭docentore

heymayo wrote: »

To make backups you need Kreon drive, to burn them almost all burners will do, but if you're buying one get Pioneer 111d or 115d or 116d for no hassle burning ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 quinnermint

Just to confirm so any dual layer drive will work??

Anyone know someone in Sligo who flashes the 360's?? Don't want to have to send it up to dublin:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭heymayo

docentore wrote: »
    To make backups you need Kreon drive, to burn them almost all burners will do, but if you're buying one get Pioneer 111d or 115d or 116d for no hassle burning ;)

Hi there im wondering is this drive ok for burn iso's to discs.. Cheers:)

http://www.sonynec-optiarc.com/products/slim_slotbdcombo/index.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭alexcorb1991

i have the huawei e220 dongle for o2 3g broadband(if you can call it that)
    and i want to set up a network so that i can put xbmc on my xbox and share files

is this possible?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭Kev.

and i want to set up a network so that i can put xbmc on my xbox and share files

is this possible?

Considering that an O2 dongle is probably not even considered internet in real speed terms I would have a guess and so no mate

Sorrry

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 maryjohn

Hello all!
    According to me u should go with emulation, because it will not required soldering or like this etc.. with emulaion u can get full enjoyment while u can't get from another way.
    Emulation is not difficult compare to another way which is refered to u for soldering etc. i think emulation is cheaper and simple way.. just try it ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭nVid

Any place or person that flashes/mods the 360 in dublin? but still will play online?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭cL0h

is this possible?

You can connect the xbox and pc/laptop together using a crossover network cable. Note: this is different to a regular network cable.
    To set up a home network you will need a router or hub. You don't need broadband to do either of these things as Kev seems to think.
    But you will need to get hold of xbmc That will take a very long time to download using a 3G connection.
    Anyway start reading about things like PC networking, DHCP, TCP/IP, FTP and don't try anything until you understand things a bit better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Any shops sell the xbox 360 tool kit to open it up?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 ClickClackPow

Can anyone flash drives in sligo?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 HartySFC

Would anyone have any idea why my connection seems to be so poor? My ma bought a Netgear Wirelss-N modem and its the business for internet around the house. My xbox was in my bedroom, in the attic, and I obviously didn't expect to have a good connection and I was right. But when I brought it downstairs to the room next to the connection improved but still keeps laggin' and is very frustrating!!

Just wondering if anyone had the same predicament and fixed it, if they could help. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,031 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Hi all, im back modding in limerick, PM me here, online has a very strong chance of being banned until new firmware

• Registered Users Posts: 37 youlooksilly

whats evox

• Closed Accounts Posts: 767 ✭✭✭HxGH

I'm too afraid to mod my xbox...

They brake easily on their own...
    It doesn't need my help! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 9 NJC Omega

Just to let everybody know since November Microsoft have been able to detect modded Xbox's and any profile found using a modded Xbox will be banned from Xbox Live and have their gamerscore reset. So I really wouldn't advise it anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 667 ✭✭✭alexonhisown

Is it possible to mod a lite-on xbox

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭bluestripe93

I want to mod my Xbox 360 wireless controller with blue led's to light up the big X

And i want to put a blue led under the X button, and a yellow led under the Y button, a red led under the B button, and a green led under the A button

And maybe a clear bottom

But id be afraid id do it wrong and mess it up, so could anyone do this for me?

i found a video of something like what i want http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yL_8TCnJwUU

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭The_Joker

I want to mod my Xbox 360 wireless controller with blue led's to light up the big X

And i want to put a blue led under the X button, and a yellow led under the Y button, a red led under the B button, and a green led under the A button

And maybe a clear bottom

But id be afraid id do it wrong and mess it up, so could anyone do this for me?

i found a video of something like what i want http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yL_8TCnJwUU

They sell em here

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Shoxy

You should try get your xbox Jtagged. Lets you run Emulators like Linux. You can play games of the Hard Drive aswel. The problem is if your on XBL you'll get banned after a few hours.

I wouldn't try it yourself but Ive seen a good ammount of people doing it up and down the country.

Just look up jtag xbox on google for more about them

Shoxy

Advertisement