Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox modding questions

1789101113»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,166 ✭✭✭seanin4711

I was having difficulty getting XBMC to run straight from boot up of xbox,so followed one of many tutorials and told me to overwrite the files(i understood this to mean delete them!) and paste the XBMC files to the E/dashboard/ file etc.
    Still didnt happen for me and now i have evolution x only with 2 options
    1 launch disc
    2 system settings.

Basically I have FTP'd into xbox and I am trying to put XBMC in as the dashboard.

When i did get XBMC in,I got unleash x as the dash,and everytime I started up the xbox i had to physically find the file in file explorer and start it that way!
    anyone know what I am doing wrong?
    Thanks in advance
    john

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,380 ✭✭✭remus808

I just bought a 2nd hand Xbox360 and have no way of knowing what mod it has - all I know is that it plays games that are on DVD-R's. How do I go about finding out what mod its using?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭el dude

Anyone know where i might be able to buy a jtag-ged xbox from?

I see a lot of adverts over on adverts.ie for jtag-able consoles only though.

Hi all, anyone know where I can buy a Xbox all moded?

Not looking at going on XBL just looking for something I can play games on.

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭drnmalone

can anyone help me with info on modding an xbox

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,744 ✭✭✭kleefarr

This is what I used.
    That's if your talking xbox 1.
    They probably do xbox 2 now anyway.

http://www.biline.ca/xbox.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 16,031 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

<snip>

Niallo, I have deleted your post. You merely posted a link to a website/service that you are associated with. Also, your post did not contribute to the thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 StevenK

My xbox has gotten the Red ring of death back in 2007. We sent it away to get repaired. Then i got the xbox modded during april 2010. It got the red ring of death during the summer just gone by. I wrapped it in towels to overheat it and it worked again. However lyesterday 24th december 2010 the xbox froze midgame. When i went to play it again, it would freeze after a couple of minutes, or other times it wouldnt start up at all and i would just get the red ring of death. Am i better off buying a new xbox? or should i send it to be repaired?

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭steo2k9

StevenK wrote: »
    My xbox has gotten the Red ring of death back in 2007. We sent it away to get repaired. Then i got the xbox modded during april 2010. It got the red ring of death during the summer just gone by. I wrapped it in towels to overheat it and it worked again. However lyesterday 24th december 2010 the xbox froze midgame. When i went to play it again, it would freeze after a couple of minutes, or other times it wouldnt start up at all and i would just get the red ring of death. Am i better off buying a new xbox? or should i send it to be repaired?

They're easy enough to fix yourself. Sending it back will cost too much compared to buying a new one. The best way is to use a reflow method of some sort and drill the 8 holes through the chassis and use 32 washers to keep the board flat. That's the best way to do it and stop it coming back I heard. It's worth a try instead of buying a new one.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭drnmalone

hey guys does anyone on this site still mod xboxs ??
    i have one that had its tsop flashed which i got done a few years ago and im basically looking for some1 who could do it to the one i just bought the other day any help i am thankful for any help:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

Softmod is the easiest method to mod your Xbox it's nonintrusive, all you need is a modified save game and a game that launches the exploit code and you've got a modded Xbox!

Advertisement