Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox modding questions

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,566 ✭✭✭savemejebus

LeperKing wrote:
    Hmmm... so if my girlfriend switched it on to play a DVD, she had have to remember to switch it on with the eject button. It's not exactly fool proof!

Any chips out there that are better in that regard ?

LK

P.S. Thanks for the quick reply DM2!

if your girlfriend was going to watch a dvd then you obviously wouldn't be playing a live game so it really should make no difference. I think that the duo 2 method of powering up/activating the chip is pretty good, no switch to come loose at the bottom of the machine and very neat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 451 ✭✭LeperKing

Ah.... so just to be clear, xbox live can't connect to my xbox without a game running. I thought it would start connecting at the bootup/dashboard!

LK

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭doxy

I heard there is no way to use a chipped xbox on xbox live anymore....Microsoft will check the size of your hard drive when you connect to Live...So unless its the original 10gig hard drive you'll be booted.....So I've heard anyways?

What exactly happens if your chipped xbox is detected? Do you simply get banned from xbox live or do they send the shades around?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭darkmaster2

All that happens is your Xbox can`t be used on live anymore.. No cops involved :D

as far as I know, if you have your xbox modded out with chip and large hard drive and THEN go on live for the first time then you are ok.. its when you have used live, and then change the drive, you are shagged!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭Tivoli

off topic

okay if m$ detect a hacked bios fair enough

but getting banned off live (with the chip off) will mean you never need to have an original game disk again!!!!

what are m$ thinking????

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 732 ✭✭✭elmer

you got a point there mukki.

the latest is that it was only people who had signed up to live _and then_ swapped hard disks that got banned. of course the previous usual applied - it had to be an xbox with the chip disabled. but you'll never know when they decided to change things again

Nige

• Subscribers Posts: 3,702 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

Hi there is there anybody in Dublin selling a new premodded xbox with a 200gig drive all i want to use it for is the xbox media centre

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

TCP/IP wrote:
    Hi there is there anybody in Dublin selling a new premodded xbox with a 200gig drive all i want to use it for is the xbox media centre
    I'd be interested in finding this out too - or even somewhere just selling the chips...

:?:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭Tivoli

sadly were not allowed to sell modded xboxs on boards, we don't want it closed down do we

mukki wrote:
    sadly were not allowed to sell modded xboxs on boards, we don't want it closed down do we
    yes, well there are plenty of links to modchipsireland - just looking for information - dealings obviously don't have to be carried out on boards.ie

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 roddy

could you help me put my Xecutor 3.0 chip into my XBOX please - for cash????? have the hard disk and all! Rod - rod@marketingpartners.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 roddy

anychance of helping me with my xbox - got the xecutor 3.0 solderless chip , xbox and hard disk and don't know where to start - If i brought the bundle to you with cash could you help
    Rod 087 8148285

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,566 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Rod, it might be an idea to remove your email and phone no. from those messages or you will be snowed under with spam and crap.

Just trawled through the thread there and saw no mention of anywhere that chips consoles in Dublin. Are there any shops that do? Id be interested in chipping my ps2, a little off topic I know but it doesnt really merit starting a new thread :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 176 ✭✭joe25

Hi
    Anyone around waterford install modchips and hard drives in xbox?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 236 ✭✭sexpot

I'm a total noob to modding, I've read through all of this thread and went to xbox scene and to xecutor websites. I'm still not sure of everything. i want to get an xecutor 3 chip but is that all i need to make it work. Coz there's lots of things that i don't understand like bios and the dashboard, and do ineed to install software or something. Could somebody please help? please

Here's a question : I have evoX running. I have iolbb with a zyxel usb/ethernet modem.
    I can ftp to the xbox by connecting it to one of my PC network cards with a crossover cable.
    And i can connect the xbox to the internet by plugging the ethernet connection into the modem. At the same time I can plug the usb connection into my PC. The PC has an IP address of 192.168.1.34, the xbox 192.168.1.33 - but I can't ftp or ping between them.

Preferrably I'd like to be able to connect the xbox to the internet AND be able to ftp to and from it without needing to unplug cables and reconfigure IP addresses. Any help?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 820 ✭✭✭qBot

I think this is the tutorial that u need. Pretty much all the answers to every question about xbox's are covered at www.xbox-scene.org. U should do a search there first.

Been there, tried it - not working. It fails to mention anything about how the xbox network settings should be setup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 820 ✭✭✭qBot

Well, when u have your mini network set up like that in the tutorial, your xbox gets assigned an ip etc from the computer, just make sure that the networks settings in evox is set to dynamic as opposed to static, this is the default anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭GenericName

if u mod ur xbox can you play games that u already bought? is there a swich on it or will u have to remove it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭shinzon

im thinking of getting the x-box chipped but is the anyone around waterford that can do it

Cheers
    Shin

• Subscribers Posts: 3,702 ✭✭✭TCP/IP

If anybody is looking to get modchips installed in and around the Dublin area the one person to talk to is elmer, i found him on boards, to say that he knows his way around modding anthing is an understatement, he did a amazing job for me and on top of it he is a top guy and deserves the business and he told me today he just got a load of new chips in so first come first served. I love my new media centre

Really getting the hang of using the xbox now. Haven't gone as far as putting linux on it, but i have linksboks web browser which can be loaded from the evox dashboard. Its a very nice browser - surprisingly clear from a tv screen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,985 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

I'm looking to get a my XBOX chipped. I can do the soldering myself, just need advice on which one is the best, and where to get it. (hopefully somewhere that will ship to ireland and won't take 2 years)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Morpheus

Is it possible to connect your XBox to a standard Dell flatpanel monitor...

If so, what hardware do i need?

cheers!

giblet take a look at the modchips section of www.xbox-scene.com for a run down of the chips - there's a direct link further back in the thread

I order from divineo.cn fairly regularly and get them usually within a week and a half

Morphéus you'll need to buy a vga convertor - there are various ones but i don't know enough about them to say which are good

Nige

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭g5hn710m4xpdwy

By the way wen Genericname posted about the xbox modding it was me his brother.so if you e-mailed him any info (as far as i know you did) could you please email them back to me instead.and if u buy from lik sang do u need your console modded? and ar they based in america or aisa?

normal bought(pal/european) games also work fine - the enable/disable switch is for using xbox live

do you mean buying original games from lik sang? you'd need to get it moded as the games wouldn't be pal/european ones

they're based in hong kong so it's asia

Nige

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,985 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

I got the Xecuter 3 from www.thechipshop.info
    Seems to be decent enough.

Advertisement