Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox modding questions

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭Duffman

I want to be able to use xbox live so a switched chip is essential.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭GrumPy

jus turn of the softmod, i use xbox live, so do my customers and they have softmods, easier to do, and free, no opening up xbox or anything *Krayzies UXE*

• Registered Users Posts: 8 sancho_p

hey this thread is enormus so i dont no if this has been answered yet but i read that most ppl get the xecuter2.6 lite is the xecuter3 as good as this one or is there a better one?

jus turn of the softmod, i use xbox live, so do my customers and they have softmods, easier to do, and free, no opening up xbox or anything *Krayzies UXE*

Hmm.. interesting. How does a softmod compare to a chip mod? What are the limitations? and are they easy to do?

they both let you achieve the same thing, run apps, streaming videos, playing backups of xbox games, and using emulators, softmodding is just a cheap, and easy way to do it, i have modded plenty of xboxes with xecuter2.6's and krayzies softmod, and imo, softmodding is a btter choice. try www.xbox-scene.com forums for tuts and info.

• Advertisement

they both let you achieve the same thing, run apps, streaming videos, playing backups of xbox games, and using emulators, softmodding is just a cheap, and easy way to do it, i have modded plenty of xboxes with xecuter2.6's and krayzies softmod, and imo, softmodding is a btter choice. try www.xbox-scene.com forums for tuts and info.

What's the catch? I mean why doesn't everyone softmod? Why are chips so popular?

A quick look at xbox scene seems to suggest exploits won't work on 1.6 PAL boxes. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭[nicK]

hey,
    i'm having trouble transferring files from my laptop running windows xp to my xbox..
    i'm using a crossover cable and running flashfxp to connect to the xbox..
    however, it won't connect because my ip's are messed up..

what are the ideal setting used?

i've connected to the xbox before and transferred some stuff over, but can't remember what setting i used.. and may have just done it by fluke :)

what settings should i be using?

Duffman wrote:
    What's the catch? I mean why doesn't everyone softmod? Why are chips so popular?

A quick look at xbox scene seems to suggest exploits won't work on 1.6 PAL boxes. :(

your quick look at xbox scene failed, horribly in fact, all UDE, UXE softmods work perfect on ALL versions of xbox, (Krayzies UXE for example) people prefer chips cause they dont understand softmods, they think they MUST change the hardware to achieve a modded xbox, thats not true as softmods are software based, dont viod your warrenty, can be turned on/off like a chip for LIVE have all the other features of a chip, but dont come with the expense of buying one, or the headaches installing one (if its solderless it's piss easy) however, some may find soldering hard, some easy, but at the end of the day, softmodding is the best way.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭jumbo

[nicK] wrote:
    hey,
    i'm having trouble transferring files from my laptop running windows xp to my xbox..

i've connected to the xbox before and transferred some stuff over, but can't remember what setting i used.. and may have just done it by fluke :)

Assuming you're using Slayer's, use the ftp server thats built in to avalaunch. For some reason Slayer's ftp server on my xbox doesnt save its settings, xbmc uses Slayer's settings. Avalaunch is the only one I could get to work initially. Once I got that working I was able to manually edit the Slayer's ini file - after that it worked in Slayer's and xbmc

Make sure the network connection to the xbox is a lower ip then your xbox itself, say set your pc to 192.168.0.9, and your xbox ip to 192.168.0.10, once you do that, make sure you save it on the xbox and restart, then try connecting with flashfxp.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭[nicK]

hmm, i thought the ips had to be the same.. anyway, i am infact using the slayers disc, and i will give avalaunch a go with some previous settings tomorrow, cheers.. (wanna get some goldeneye action for the weekend)

:o lol if that was the case, if your running windows XP surly you got an error saying theres an ip conflict on the network?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,985 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Any good sites for buying chips, thechipshop seems to be down.

SOFTMOD but if you MUST waste your money, and viod your xbox's warrennty by opening it, check out www.kanection.co.uk, there good, i got sh1t there, but what you SHOULD do is go here www.xbox-scene.com, goto forums and find out how to SOFTMOD. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,985 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

I would still need the games to softmod and a mem card.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Bruce Fan

I know this has been answered all ready and I've tried to do a search for it but the page keeps crashing.
    I have a modded xbox and want to access LIVE what do I have to do to make sure I dont get banned?
    I know I have to turn off something? Sorry Im new to this whole thing.

how is your xbox modded? if its a chip, turn it off, if its a softmod, boot the exploitable game and turn it off.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Bruce Fan

Its a chip. How do I turn it off? (I have EvoX dash)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭g5hn710m4xpdwy

dont chiipc come with an on/off button?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 James M Keogh

[nicK] wrote:
    hey,

I had trouble too.

Check the ip on your xbox
    check ip on computer

turn off ALL firewalls (zonealarm etc.) and virus killers.

use a ftp program (xtool is great)

hope this works for ya!

JMK

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Dave Sully

your quick look at xbox scene failed, horribly in fact, all UDE, UXE softmods work perfect on ALL versions of xbox, (Krayzies UXE for example) people prefer chips cause they dont understand softmods, they think they MUST change the hardware to achieve a modded xbox, thats not true as softmods are software based, dont viod your warrenty, can be turned on/off like a chip for LIVE have all the other features of a chip, but dont come with the expense of buying one, or the headaches installing one (if its solderless it's piss easy) however, some may find soldering hard, some easy, but at the end of the day, softmodding is the best way.

ha, you cant softmod a xbox with 2 * 250 gig internal drives can ya?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭g5hn710m4xpdwy

Im pretty sure you can:p look at xbox-scene forusma and there are people who have done it

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Mike_Hunt

Has anyone tried this mod

http://www.productwiki.com/microsoft_xbox/article/how_to_go_from_xbox_to_xbox_media_center_in_30_minutes.html

I would be very interested in trying it but can't get my hands on the game with the correct code.

I have the software and the action replay card should be easy to get on ebay or the like.

Does anyone out there have the game with one of the listed codes???

I also heard a similar mod can be done with earlier versions of the game Splinter Cell - has anyone got any info on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭ladgie353

Got Splinter Cell (Games Liffey Valley, 2nd hand, €9), an xbox-compatible USB save key and it worked great.
    Have xbmc as dash and can stream anything from my network to the box.
    The best bit is that you can restore the xbox to original (as long as you keep a backup...).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 412 ✭✭Fr Dougal

My son is looking for an Xbox 360 for online games. However, his friend has one and he told him he'd also need a new modem as he said the Xbox360 and the netopia modems are not compatible (Something to do with MTU settings?).

Does anyone know if it's possible to get the Xbox running with the Netopia3347 NWG modem. Obviously, the 360 costs enough so I don't want the added cost of a new modem.

Fr Dougal wrote:
    My son is looking for an Xbox 360 for online games. However, his friend has one and he told him he'd also need a new modem as he said the Xbox360 and the netopia modems are not compatible (Something to do with MTU settings?).

Does anyone know if it's possible to get the Xbox running with the Netopia3347 NWG modem. Obviously, the 360 costs enough so I don't want the added cost of a new modem.

Not compatible? thats BS, it works fine, just have to make sure upnp is turned off, and the proper ports are opened

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭Bu11et_Proof

I have just installed a Xecuter 3 in to my Xbox, went to switch it on and the Xbox start and switched off twice but then stayed on but nothing comes on the screen.

Also the chip does not enabled it remains disabled, The Xbox will load normally and i do get Xbox screen to load.

I have double checked all my solders and they seem to be fine but this is my first modchip install.

Anyone got any suggestions.

I wouldn't mind paying someone locally if i knew it would be done right. Iam in Waterford

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭Bu11et_Proof

I have just installed a Xecuter 3 in to my Xbox, went to switch it on and the Xbox start and switched off twice but then stayed on but nothing comes on the screen.

Also the chip does not enabled it remains disabled, The Xbox will load normally and i do get Xbox screen to load.

I have double checked all my solders and they seem to be fine but this is my first modchip install.

Anyone got any suggestions.

I wouldn't mind paying someone locally if i knew it would be done right. Iam in Waterford

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭ricey

I want to buy a xbox 360 but can it be chipped? To play backup
    games that i own! Thats a real must for me. I know you can flash the
    drive but that just seems like so much work.

• Advertisement

ricey wrote:
    I want to buy a xbox 360 but can it be chipped? To play backup
    games that i own! Thats a real must for me. I know you can flash the
    drive but that just seems like so much work.

No mod chip, flashing the drive is the only way to play backups.

You wanna play backups of games you own? I doubt that somehow :rolleyes:

Advertisement