Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Having trouble with Nero Image Drive!

Options
  • 22-04-2004 3:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 569 ✭✭✭

I recently got Nero 6 ultra edition. but im having trouble using the image drive. i used programs like clone cd and had no trouble but this looks alot different. am i still able to read a disc to an image file like i was with clone cd? if so how do i work it?

thanks
    Bubba

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

I have version 5 5 9 0 from the help file

To create a CD image file with Nero, you use the so-called 'Image Recorder'. You can select this recorder using the Choose Recorder item on the Recorder menu. The Image Recorder behaves in the same way as a real recorder, but writes the data into an image file instead of onto a CD. When you write a compilation using the Image Recorder, Nero prompts you to enter the name of the image file and then creates the file.

Please bear in mind that image files can be large. Make sure that you choose a destination drive with enough free space for the file.

If you want to burn the image file onto a CD later, we recommend that you also choose a fast drive. Network drives are not a good choice in this respect, as they also handle other users' jobs which means that they can suddenly become very slow. As a result there can be a risk, when burning a CD from an image file, of the data being

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

I'm sure you can still do it the same way as The Muppet said with v6 but there's an easier way as well. Start Nero SmartStart, click Extras, go for mount A Drive Image. It's automatically install Drive Image and put a little icon on the taskbar. Mount an image using this and it'll add it as a drive letter.

Advertisement