Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VPN Clients

Options
  • 22-04-2004 4:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭

Can anyone suggest a good vpn client to use?

Has anyone ever used AT&T GLobal Network Client? Is it any good?

Thanks
    Tom

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

There are a few out there that are quiet good..

Cisco have one but as far as I know you need to have a logon to the Cisco site
    to be able to download it.. I found this to be very stable and relatively straight
    forward to use..

Checkpoint also have one too, but I think this has to be licenced..

There is a Windows one, depending on what OS you have..

Tox

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭tomED

Currently using the windows one (afaik) - butis this as suecure as others?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

Remote desktop on Windows is pretty useful.

For a VPN client, you could try Sentinel , but iirc you need a zywall on the far end...

http://www.zyxel.com/support/supportnote/zywall/app/zw_ssh.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭ressem

Vote again for cisco VPN.
    Simple enough I/F to walk a user through over the phone.
    Decent logging. Basic firewall (that has a few problems co-existing with other software firewalls, but thats hardly suprising)
    Configurations are easily imported and exported between clients, which wasn't true of the microsoft client.

Stay way away from netscreen VPN client, a convoluted, overcomplicated mess.

Advertisement