Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

You lot are crazy!!

Options
  • 22-04-2004 5:10pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Lets face it - you are all weirdos. Yes you heard me, you're all mad and without reason.

Why Hyzepher, why such a harsh and unprovoked attack on our very beings? Good question and here lies the answer.

As poker players - and what I mean here is 'players of the game of poker'. Pokerers if you will - we all have that starting hand that we just can't get away from - a starting hand that seems crazy or wild to others just looks so good to us.

Now it's not your common AA, KK or AK, oh no. It's those crazy Q8os (you know who you are - i'm over it, I really am).

Well now is the time to confess all and put some reason behind the actions.

List your favourite querky starting hand and let us know why.

Hyzepher

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

I'll sometimes play T2o, if it's good enough for Doyle Brunson etc. etc. :) Of course this almost never becomes a profitable hand so it's strictly for amusement value or when i'm big blind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

I'll tell you after the proposed game goes ahead or gets called off.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Its got to win *sometime*!!!

I've a weakness for A2 suited. It looks so pretty, I find myself thinking "Any 2 and I've got everyone else out kickered...." or "If I flop an Ace and a 2 then I'll get all those AK, AQ, AJ fecker's money..." or "I've got the nut-flush draw..."

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

K4... why oh why does that heap of shite look good to me. I've thankfully dropped that habit now but like all people with compulsions I'm only one hand away from it...if they are suited, well noone can resist such temptations...

A2... what a bag of spanners. Same as above though I still think Ax suited is worth a blind to see the flop in case you get the nut flush draw.

other then that I've purged my game to mostly play the decent stuff... suited connectors arent my style but I will play them from time to time but more as semi bluffs then viable hands...

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

I had a love affair with Q10 at one point I called big raises with it and everything. I flopped houses, straights, two pair with it all the time.

Then I started playing with you people and she wasn't so pretty anymore. You fuckers take the fun out of poker!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

LIKE A FOX!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Originally posted by DeVore
    K4... why oh why does that heap of shite look good to me. I've thankfully dropped that habit now but like all people with compulsions I'm only one hand away from it...if they are suited, well noone can resist such temptations...
    DeV.
    When you bend the corner of the cards up to see what you have, the 4 looks like an Ace...you've got AK!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭gerire

Anything involving a 10 Clubs, Ask MrP about it. I was sitting to his right one night and got it 4 times, with Muck aswell and it stood every time that night. Ever since its just been like a glory light smiling up at me when I get it in the pocket

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

I'll play anything I will. I'm ****ing mad for it.

MrP

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

you were certainly playing some non-Pudding cards last night!! Suited connectors eh? :)

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Originally posted by MrPudding
    I'll play anything I will. I'm ****ing mad for it.

MrP

I will never forgive you for playing that 72o. Never ever. Bastard.

/me storms off in huff.

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭kencleary

And Dev knocked me out on oh irony of ironies K 4 offsuit :(

<yokel voice> you shure still look purty ta me!

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

72o My new favorite hand.

MrP

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭whiteshadow

i'll always play a jack and five.
    suited, offsuit.... whatever

If the flop comes: J 5 x
    Im thinking!

:cool:

Advertisement