Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

best/fav net cafes in Dublin City

• 22-04-2004 5:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,151 ✭✭✭

Turn onto tablot st. from o connell st. and then take the first right and walk for about 100 yards and then on your left is a net cafe (just after the arcade). It's 2 euro for members/students and 3 normal. Flat screen pc's, high specs, coffee/cakes etc served. My only complaint is at times it feels as if its kinda small but them i am a tall person so...........

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,280 ✭✭✭✭Sleepy

I love the one in Dun Laoghaire. Not sure what it's called though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭quank

Is it just me or is there loads of these threads? :/

Anyway, I'm a sheep. I like DNC and Wired

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭Horsefumbler

dnc is quite nice. doesn't have same dungeon-like qualities of some other cafes and you can just bail in and grab a PC without having to ask any knob end to unlock a PC for you. Be nice if you could play games there though(awful PCs tbh).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

I Likle net house. hopeing to work there at somestage, or any net cafeht shift
    And yes every month or 2 it seems like there i 1 of these threads, mabe we should make a poll and then sticky it.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

sleepy, you mean u-surf.ie?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i like dnc it has a good atmosphere but the quality of the pc's are terrible.

also some chairs aren't high enough so much so that your hand are raised up rather than perpendicular to your body

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭Monty - the one and only

once again, I have to make this warning...keep this topic free of blatant advertising, any fighting between net cafe staff or customers will result in a thread lock.

There will be no exceptions...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,584 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

i edited my post just to make it look like i'm not advertising.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,151 ✭✭✭ronano

What's the dnc ? i like the net house beside the ifi but i dunno the staff always seem like god amongst men and plus only downstairs is nice and it's expensive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Originally posted by User45701
    I Likle net house. hopeing to work there at somestage

I promise you will never get a job in Net House.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭sionnach

wired on augnier st. is the best for gaming, some good pcs downstairs, pity their net connection sucks for gaming before 8pm, not sure if they've sorted that out but thats how it was last time i was there

Originally posted by Sico

Was there a need for that ?

Originally posted by ronano
    What's the dnc ? i like the net house beside the ifi but i dunno the staff always seem like self righteous twats and plus only downstairs is nice and it's expensive.
    self righteous twats eh?

Well thats a new one, i havent been called that before.

I am really suggesting that you chose your words very carefully, that is if you dont want to be held responsible for locking this thread.

Originally posted by Monty - the one and only
    self righteous twats eh?

I am really suggesting that you chose your words very carefully, that is if you dont want to be held responsible for locking this thread.

I suppose it's against the charter to insult in such a harsh way, ok i don't like them :P and i'll change my post so i won't be banned. I was only insulting the ones at the ifi branch btw ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

self righteous twats eh?

He gave his opinion, just because you dont like it, means you can threaten him.

I like dnc BH and old netshop(it was a kip, but nice atmosphere)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Johnny Versace

I'm actually not a fan of the net houses. The atmosphere is kind of... serious... or something.

I like dnc. Nice chilled atmosphere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Originally posted by Sico

:)

Originally posted by Celt
    He gave his opinion, just because you dont like it, means you can threaten him.

Actually, it does.

This is not the US of A, thanks be to God, there is no "Freedom of Speech" and carte blanche to insult people.

And Monty is well capable of being threatening ;)

fair enough I applogise for sounding over threatening, Im trying to stay neutral in this, but that is not easy when your called a twat, simply saying you dont like the staff would have been better. To be completely honest the only reason i didn't lock the thread at the time was because I happened to work for that particular branch(stop digging Ronano:p)...and it might be seen as favoritism if I had...Had it been any other company I would have locked it on the spot.

Originally posted by Trojan
    Actually, it does.

This is not the US of A, thanks be to God, there is no "Freedom of Speech" and carte blanche to insult people.

And Monty is well capable of being threatening ;)
    Ranona wasnt insulting people, he was stating his opinion "i dunno the staff always seem like self righteous twats".

He wasnt insulting people, he wasnt deliberately insulting monty.

Perhaps I should have said "just because you dont like it,shouldnt mean you can threaten him."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

True Celt, but Monty is the mod for Reasons unknown to everyone except possibly Dev.
    In other words, he is entitled to his own opinion of whats ok and whats not OK to be said about Netcafes/Staff/whatever and will act in whatever way he feels necessary.

Also, i'd say ronano was calling me a twat since im the self righteous one around here :D

Originally posted by Celt
    Ranona wasnt insulting people, he was stating his opinion

My stating that I am of the opinion that XYZ is an obnoxious twat is a statement of opinion and also an insult. Changing the insult doesn't make it not so :)

Anyways all the NH staff are muppets, not just the ones in that branch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Doodee

Shup Mr.Cycle Shorts :P

Do I have to remind you that you are former net house staff member Al ? :p

Originally posted by Doodee
    Shup Mr.Cycle Shorts :P

He's just jealous of my bulge...
    Originally posted by Mont0r
    Do I have to remind you that you are former net house staff member Al ?

My point exactly - I got out ;)

A) IT'S RONANO!
    B) i said straight up after being brought up on it that what i said was harsh and unfair and i changed it. Yes i don't like the staff and yes what i said was too extreme even in my opinion, you post without reviewing what you wrote thats what happened

Actually I had, I had assumed you'ld noticed I didnt take the comment about the branch too seriously, the second time due to the token ":p"

oh well...

Actually I had, I had assumed you'ld noticed I didnt take the comment about the branch too seriously, the second time due to the token ":p"

oh well...

Do it, you know you want to

KILL EM ALL LADDY

A) IT'S RONANO!
    B) i said straight up after being brought up on it that what i said was harsh and unfair and i changed it. Yes i don't like the staff and yes what i said was too extreme even in my opinion, you post without reviewing what you wrote thats what happened
    Sorry ranono

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Was there a need for that ?

You don't know who we're dealing with here :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

Originally posted by Trojan
    He's just jealous of my bulge...

We never did get that "Trojan's Pants" forum did we?

*sigh*

Oh what fun we'd have....

Anyway fave net cafe would probably be net house, always found the staff er... accomadating and friendly.

Used to go to Wired on Aungier Street, but that was for aesthetic reasons... and he's gone now :(

May i just vent my spleen at this long haired yuppie that works in the net cafe funland/wonderland( it's to your right just before you come onto henry street from the spire). He always seems to moan at the customers for not being able to use pretty indepth functions on ms office or general pc, look buddy you're working in a net cafe stop the yuppie crap and i'm assuming your job description covers helping the customers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭echomadman

He always seems to moan at the customers for not being able to use pretty indepth functions on ms office or general pc, look buddy you're working in a net cafe stop the yuppie crap and i'm assuming your job description covers helping the customers

Its people like you that boil my blood at work, net cafes sell internet access, not computer training, stop asking the staff stupid questions.

Originally posted by echomadman
    Its people like you that boil my blood at work, net cafes sell internet access, not computer training, stop asking the staff stupid questions.

A) It's not me
    B) Can some internet cafe worker back me up here because i am assuming because it's only logical that they should have a background or working knowledge of the products on their pc from when they opened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭echomadman

Can some internet cafe worker back me up here because i am assuming because it's only logical that they should have a background or working knowledge of the products on their pc from when they opened.

I run an internet cafe, are you saying that all my staff should know ms-word, open office, excel on top of all the other bullshit IM clients, multi-lingual webmail interfaces they already have to deal with.
    Word processing facilities are provided, for €2 an hour you can get fucked if you think someone is going to sit there and show you how to use it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Badgers

... for €2 an hour you can get fucked if you think someone is going to sit there and show you how to use it.

Hey I don't need to be told how to use mine, I'm just so happy there's a net cafe where I can get sex for only 2 euros an hour! I usually don't even last five minutes but it's great to have the rest of the hour to relax, maybe light a cigar, have nap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

for €2 an hour you can get ****ed if you think someone is going to sit there and show you how to use it.

I agree. A net café is there to _provide_ net access not to train people to use it.

We do have to help customers with basic problems, however training is another matter altogether.

Advertisement