Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post images of (gaming) beauty

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 958 ✭✭✭Mark

gf-01.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Originally posted by joePC
    head1.JPG
    Just wondering, but howd you manage to get the camera positioned there while driving? some kinda of cheat?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Originally posted by Deadwing
    Just wondering, but howd you manage to get the camera positioned there while driving? some kinda of cheat?
    press 'V' to change the view.
    there are roughly 4 camera positions, with 'cinematic' being the one he used.

damn good idea for taking screenshots

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Ahhhhhhhhhhh, cheers tman, totally forgot about the cinematic view :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭Nick_oliveri

Planethingy.JPG
    Kill the infidels!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Wtf did you people get the ah64 and the harrier ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 947 ✭✭✭neXus9

The new unreal engine looks terrific!

Picture 1

Picture 2

check out other pictures here

starfighter.JPG
    Yeah i like this thing. Its smooth.

EDIT - Codename networks is the only decent link i know at the moment, i have a 296 mb folder of mods for vice so im quite happy at the moment, would love to get that Liberty city full conversion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

Originally posted by neXus9
    The new unreal engine looks terrific!

Picture 1

Picture 2

check out other pictures here

All i can say is... WOW the details is truely something.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,409 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

You should see the unreal videos. Forget shaders. Ther new technology they were showing gave textures a far more 3D feel. Its amazing. They showed a aged brick wall texture that looked as if it had every bump mapped out with polygons but when it changed to a wire frame view it was just one texture on a single polygon.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭joePC

UT.JPG

As seen through ATI 9800Pro & XP3200+ & 1gig RAM MAX settings

Ohh YES

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Originally posted by Retr0gamer
    You should see the unreal videos. Forget shaders. Ther new technology they were showing gave textures a far more 3D feel. Its amazing. They showed a aged brick wall texture that looked as if it had every bump mapped out with polygons but when it changed to a wire frame view it was just one texture on a single polygon.

There is nothing new about that at all, in fact, it's from the seventies. DoomIII uses the same thing, and it is bumpmapping, which is just a flat surface, with a texture, and another heightmap texture mapped onto it.

And it is using shaders aswell.

Your post confuses me....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 229 ✭✭PcP

Originally posted by Nick_oliveri
    would love to get that Liberty city full conversion.
    T'is nice alright :D
    You can get it from gtaforums iirc

Liberty_Ducati.jpeg

Originally posted by PcP
    T'is nice alright :D
    You can get it from gtaforums iirc[/IMG]
    holy crap:eek:
    is that a mod for gta3 or vice city?

anyway, i've been hooked on serious sam - the first encounter for the past couple of days (wish i hadn't started it on easy now, i've only played for 2 hours & have nearly clocked it:rolleyes:)
    for some reason it looks like 4x aa isn't turned on in the second pic... (but it is:confused: )

Originally posted by Nick_oliveri
    [B
    EDIT - Codename networks is the only decent link i know at the moment, i have a 296 mb folder of mods for vice so im quite happy at the moment, would love to get that Liberty city full conversion. [/B]

Here i think iv found the mod your looking for

currently downloading it never played gta 3 because my pc wasnt up to playing it at the time (1 ghz amd duron 128meg of ram GF 2 eww )

Originally posted by bizmark
    currently downloading it never played gta 3 because my pc wasnt up to playing it at the time (1 ghz amd duron 128meg of ram GF 2 eww )
    how big is that file?
    (damn link is blocked here:mad:)
    i might just have to offer Asok sexual favours to download it for me

65 meg

god bless broadband :D

Click on the ModelingMan links for full speed ahead with dsl.

It does work

bit weird though you get no missions to do and ah64 attack helios just apear next to you :eek:

lc.JPG

Great work.... Perfect copy of Liberty city, altho I would like the cars form VC put into LC.

Thanks JoePC

• Advertisement

The Ak47 on the bike.........Gorgeous- Also if you hold down the run button, the middle mouse button (look back) And the right mouse button, you get an apache and a pcj (bike). Is there missions in this thing or is it just me? No.... thought so. Great compression on the installer tho.

This is fun,Ultimate vice changes almost all of the cars to resemble those cars that max power readers cream over. Good cars and a few textures for a small price...158mb. But no ak47 on a bike i must admit! Be sure to backup your original files those who have the VCLC mod installed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,460 ✭✭✭shinzon

wow me rethinks not getting vice city, already had it on ps2 thats why i didnt get it on pc but bloody hell those screenies look good

shin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

PC > PS2

always

lvc.JPG

I think this is my favvy, :D

Originally posted by joePC
    I would like the cars form VC put into LC.
    Take gta3.img from the vice city unmodded version, get an img editor, extract the models from the .img (.dff and .txt, eg. skimmer.dff, hunter.txt) and slap em into the VCLC one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭l3rian

overdrijven8.jpg

What the hell is that thing from ?

I took this in gta vice city - liberty city mod

Radio station changing - (provided *hehehehe* you own the original cd of whatever)
    Audioscreen.JPG
    Ingameradio.JPG

Tutorial found after an hour of searchin
    */Ok. you'll need GXT Vice City GXT editor and ViceTXD.

Open up the GXT editor and input the line:

C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\Grand Theft Auto Vice City\TEXT\american.gxt

Now click on MAIN and look for FEA_mp3

Now you can rename it to whatever you want. When your done hit apply and then save.

Open up ViceTXD and open fronten2.txd and look for a file called mp3.

Right click it and hit export. Select the place you want it to just (such as my documents) then open it up in some photo editing software (i used adobe photoshop 7.0)

Then make you graphic.

The right click mp3 in the TXD editor and hit replace. Find your logo and hit ok.

Now go into your Vice City Directory and then the .mp3 folder. Copy all the mp3's you want for your station and paste them in the mp3 folder!

YAY! Now you have your own station!
    \*
    Edit- We should make our own gta vice modding forum within game editin or whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,328 ✭✭✭Sev

hehe.jpg

Now I know their pings are through the roof, but I still dont think anybody could ever reproduce that kind of scoreline under any circumstances.

• Advertisement

The deaths only count for 15- someone leave?
    The CT's won a round?

Advertisement