Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Final fantasy 7 and 8

Options
  • 22-04-2004 9:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭

Any one know how to get knights of the round for ff 7.much appreciated.:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭Ryo Hazuki

Jay*us Its been so long, i cant remember exactly, but you need a gold chocobo anyway to get to the Island Theres 2 ways to get a gold chocobo, and I cant remember either. Google will tell all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭Memnoch

as you said in order to get the KOTR materia u need a gold chocobo... in order to do that you have to breed a black chobo with another one ( i think a blue chocobo - not sure though).

In order to get a black you need to breed a blue and a green.

Also each time you get one of your chocobo's you need to level them up. You do this by racing them in the gold saucer. A good idea is to buy loads of Sylkas ( i think) greens of the old chocobo hermit that lives in the mountains somewhere. you need an airship to get to him, there is a tiny green spot of grass next to his house where you can land.

They are expensive but they will make ur chocobo uber and easy to win races. Also you can use the cheat (holding down r1+r2+l1+l2) to get extra stamina and speed.

also you should save just before you breed ur chocobo's in case you don't get the desired result.

for an exact guide just go to gamefaqs.com. there are many many DETAILED walkthroughs there... sorry but I can't really remember the details myself as its been a VERY VERY long time since i played it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭purplemonkey

Anyone ever think of using the W-Item cheat?? It really works. Buy two of any item you can use in battle, greens included, and then do the cheat to get 99 of them.

You need to mate a black chocobo with a wonderful chocobo to get a gold one.

Alternatively, you can beat Ruby Weapon and give the item to the guyin the first town outside Midgar(can't remember the name of the town) and he will give you a gold chocobo.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭Memnoch

Originally posted by purplemonkey
    Anyone ever think of using the W-Item cheat?? It really works. Buy two of any item you can use in battle, greens included, and then do the cheat to get 99 of them.

You need to mate a black chocobo with a wonderful chocobo to get a gold one.

Alternatively, you can beat Ruby Weapon and give the item to the guyin the first town outside Midgar(can't remember the name of the town) and he will give you a gold chocobo.

ah the w-item cheat rocks, and you could use that, have invite megalixers lol :)

but its more challenging doing it without that...

also u kinda need kotor to beat ruby so its kinda catch 22... though you COULD potentially beat it without kotr, especially if u got Omnislash

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭purplemonkey

ANother thing you could do for fun is use the gameshark to get Sephiroth instead of Vincent. I haven't seen it but I heard that Super Nova does a lot of damage too. Either way it'd work. Remember, start the battle against Ruby Weapon with two of your characters dead. It's the only way that one of them won't be sucked away. THen revive them when Ruby puts his hands into the ground.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 SwollenTesticle

To Catch a Wonderful chocobo go to the snow plains, but be careful because you can catch poor ones there aswell.

To Catch GOOD & GREAT chocobo, go to the chocobo tracks at the golden saucer. When you breed good and great chocobo's you will get either a GREEN or Blue chocobo. But level them up by winning at the chocobo races first.

Also if you want go and buy 1 chocobo green (one that cost 300gil it brings up all stats) from choco billy. Use the W-Item cheat and bring the green count up to 99. Then make your chocobo "pig out"

The Knights of the Round materia is at an island at the very corner of the map(doesn't matter which) run the gold chocobo out into the sea and collect it.

So Mate:

GOOD & GREAT chocobo = Green or Blue
    GREEN & BLUE = Black
    BLACK & WONDERFUL = Golden Chocobo

Also if you max out all your chocobo's stats that you are mating, your golden chocobo will have a speed of will be 999 and its stamina of 999.

There you are if you want anything else, just ask me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 SwollenTesticle

Oh yeah and if you want your chocobo's baby to be male make sure your Male chocobo is higher in racing stats than the Female, if you want it to be a female make sure the Female is higher in racing stats.

Class S,A,B,C = Racing stats

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Mmm, all this talk of FF7 makes me want to play it all over again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭Fianna

Only felt the same way myself last week, so that's what I did. I'm only about 15 hours into it, just reached Gongaga. I finished it years back when it first came out, but I was only about 14, so I don't remember much of it, it's pretty cool going back over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭Xcellor

Hmmm... all exams are nearly done. 2 weeks of free time... in a foreign country, no distractions... laptop... Final Fantasy 7. Does it get any better?

I just downloaded Final Fantasy 7 for the PC and I hear it has a new ending and Aeris comes back wohoo ... can't wait... uninterrupted Final Fantasy... The last time I played it was back before my Junior Cert I think!!! Now I'm 21...

Weehayyyyy... this rox.

Knights of the Round was a pure bitch to get,, all those bloody chocobos breeding great wonderful black with green lol... as you can see I have forgotten it all :D I'll have to rediscover everything again.

As suggested Google is the best way to find anything about anything.

Enjoy your summer, I surely am!!!

X

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

I remember getting kngihts of the round ages ago, it's very very good, BUT, to get stars up, let alone master it, requires a lot of ap intake, and is very time consuming, that said, it's almost impossibly to kill ruby and emerald w/o it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,236 ✭✭✭AL][EN

Originally posted by SantaHoe
    Mmm, all this talk of FF7 makes me want to play it all over again.

in fact i have just gotten down my old PS1 off the shelf dusted it off and have yoinked FF7 from my friends house so most probably i'll call in sick into work as FF7 takes over my life again for the next 3 weeks or so!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Sefrian

no pc version ????????

Originally posted by Sefrian
    no pc version ????????

What?

Originally posted by Xcellor
    What?

there is in fact a PC version of FF7 however i have it on PS1 FF7 is so old right now it would take me ages to find it in a games store and i dont own a credit card the whole thing wreaks of effort really so i'll just be lazy and play it on my PS1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭Trip

yea i played a demo of the game on my pc it was weird because i had bahamut (prob bad spelling) before i even got to the golden saucer for the first time !

Well been playing for about 3 hours and im already hooked my memories a little fuzzy as to what happens next since i havent played FF7 in a long long time

but sofar so good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭Sefrian

yea i had full version of it some jap guy gave it to me...............
    you can cheat too................... lv 99 sephiroth leaving midgar sooo sooo great

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 bleh3000

There are pc versions of both FF VII, and FF VIII (I have the pc version of FFVIII). They were badly ported, imho, and my FFVIII crashed regularly.

I wouldn't bother to look for them, as they both sold very poorly, and are now very hard to find. I tried buying FF VII on the pc a few years back (an act of desperation when my PS1 broke!) from amazon, but they were sold out, and they never notified me if they got new copies (so I presume they didn't get any).

Oh, and if you're still looking for the Knights of the round table info, try the gamefaqs site for FF7, there is a ton of information there!

Yeah have to agree FF7 was badly ported...

Ive installed the XP patch that is available and it seems to work fairly well. My brother has cleared it,, so no major bugs that can't be worked around

X

• Advertisement
Advertisement