Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best......

Options
  • 22-04-2004 9:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭

From what i can see the web host second doesnt look the busiest.......

Im looking to create a web site and im browseing through an ocean of web host "companies" that offer so much per month/year/millisecond........

Anyone know of the best ones around.

Also they offer 2/5/10 gb transfer rates, ive got an idea of what this means but i'd appricate it if some one could clarify.

G'luck.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭Philbert

Originally posted by Drex
    From what i can see the web host second doesnt look the busiest.......
    Huh? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭eoinm1

Hi Drex

the web hosting forum is closed but the sticky links is still in in it.

Anyone know of the best ones around.
    That depends on what you want to do with you hosting space.
    This is a very
    usefull post made by me some years ago.
    Also they offer 2/5/10 gb transfer rates, ive got an idea of what this means but i'd appricate it if some one could clarify.
    Again this depends on what you are using it for.

HTH
    Eóin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Drex

Thanks for that,
    its a web site for a band, tbh i dont know how many people will be accessing, its not gonna be another boards.ie:D but i hope it 'd get some popularity,
    Thats about as clear as i can go,

Thanks for the link.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

Hi

Eoin's post dates back to almost 2 years ago, so, although a lot of the points are still very valid the pricing would not be.

If you are looking of for hosting for a band you would need disk space and bandwidth - obviously.
    If you look at the links in the hosting sticky you will see a wide variety of prices and packages. Price alone should not be the main criterion for making a choice. Have a close look at issues such as support etc.,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭steve-hosting36

And feel free to ask for recommendations, either here, or on the hosts own forums.

• Advertisement
Advertisement