Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone been charged yet?

• 22-04-2004 9:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭

I'm on 512k Eircom I-stream or whatever it's called. 8 Gig cap and dslstats.eircom.net shows the current month at 100%.

In theory, I should be charged for every meg after the cap. Has anyone been charged yet (3c a meg?)?

And if you have been charged - how much did you download past the cap?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

they do not charge for people breaking the cap yet
    i think everyone got a little note about it on their bill a few weeks ago
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?s=&threadid=146319&highlight=bill

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭kida

There are also rumours that it may be backdated - makes sense as it would generate a lot of revenue for €ircon.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭captainpat

My friend, a Home Starter customer, found a calculation in his stats showing a €25.00 extra charge to date which would be added to his bill. I am on Home Plus, and am way over, but no calculation showing.

Check yours, I'm cancelling before my house is repossessed.

Originally posted by captainpat
    My friend, a Home Starter customer, found a calculation in his stats showing a €25.00 extra charge to date which would be added to his bill.

are you sure that he will be charged that?

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭captainpat

Tuxx,

No, I am not sure. But this is eircom showing some investment in programmer's time to calculate a charge. I would be at least careful. I know what I'm doing - running a mile!:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 295 ✭✭paddy

should have stayed away from Eircon in the first place as they give minimal d/load if thats what you want for the maximum price, in comparison to other current providers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭neokenzo

Originally posted by paddy
    should have stayed away from Eircon in the first place as they give minimal d/load if thats what you want for the maximum price, in comparison to other current providers

True but at least they have the least downtime and so far they havent charged us for going over. Thats better than some of the providers. Also, it takes such a long time to change over that its just a hassle.

Originally posted by kida
    There are also rumours that it may be backdated - makes sense as it would generate a lot of revenue for €ircon.

Certainly hope that they dont or I'll be screw big time! :(

ya where did you hear these rumors kida?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭corkey

Your download allowance of 8192MB has been exceeded.
    Excess of 851MB at 3 cents per MB is €25.53
    Thank you for using eircom.net

Thats whats on the end of my stats page:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Your download allowance of 8192MB has been exceeded.
    Excess of 267MB at 3 cents per MB is €8.01
    Thank you for using eircom.net

thats mine for last month, it doesnt say were actually being charged tho, it just points out that we have gone over our limit and thats what it might cost if charges are being put in place.

http://members.boards.ie/tuxx/dsl.jpg

meh i make good use of my dsl

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,940 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

Originally posted by tuxx

if eircom do decide to backdate everything with charges and they could, think you better do a runner out of ireland or pay nearly €2000 to eircom:)

Is there anywhere in their TOC that say they can backdate it? I know the say they "reserve the right" to charge for going over but one assumes its for the current month only. I would think its a bit unfair to backdate. Well, the moment €ircom charges me, off me go to another provider. I've not reached 16GB at any one month anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Yelnahs

well none of us signed anything about the cap so in theory its fine, plus i didnt even receive a started pack so i had to set up my eircom thing my self, so how was i mean to know about the DSL stats page, i cleary do but they dont know that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

If you have log'd on to it im sure they know...

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Yelnahs

d'oh, good point.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭Grayarea

Originally posted by tuxx

Some of that data looks a bit suspect!

March appears to have 36 days in it now according to Eircom.

865 hours online / 24 = 36.04?

Point is, Eircom are going to have a hard time getting money out of people when the data is clearly corrupt to some degree.

Later,

Grayarea.

Advertisement