Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Changing IP address???

• 22-04-2004 11:17pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭

A weird little problem here, maybe some can explain...

Sometimes while surfing, any new websites I go to will not load, but any I'm currently on work fine. Current DC++ downloads also work fine, but if I reconnect nothing will download and searches return nothing. A reboot or switching the modem off and on sorts it out.

What is causing it? Is it IOL allocating a new IP address? How many times a day do they do this? I only surf in the evenings but it seems to happen on average twice an evening.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 413 ✭✭Skittle

I had a problem similar to this. It turned out to be my router, I updated the firmware and now I've never had a problem since then. The router I have is a D-Link 504...

Skittle

Advertisement