Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Air Circulation Problem, I Think!

Options
  • 23-04-2004 9:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭

I think i have a air circulation problem!

my idle temps is round the 44 but when i take the side panel of it stays below 40, 44 is my load temp then round the 50 with the side on.

I have 1 fan blowing in to the case (antec lanboy) and i've place for 1 at the back but i was thinking it wouldn't be to much hassle to cut a hole on the side for another fan. Psu also has fans in it

Would the fan on the side need to be placed so it blows air over the cpu?
    Also concidering cutting a hole near the psu for an extractor fan, would it be functional?

thanks,
    jozi

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Vladimar

You need more fans at the back of the case blowing the hot air out, and another blowing in from the front couldn't hurt.
    I wouldnt bother with a side fan, as long as you get the hot air out you'll be fine.
    You might want to think about cooling the hard disk too, they can get quite a heat up.
    If you're still using the stock cooler on your cpu I'd reccomend buying a new one, komplett is good for those, make sure you use some decent thermal grease too, arctic silver being one of the best, [avoid silicon based] hitide.ie have some.

• Registered Users Posts: 968 ✭✭✭Adeptus Titanicus

Yeah, I'd just stick another fan extracting from the back, up towards the top if you can, with the one at the front towards the base. That'll help getting air flowing through your system. TBH, though, I don't think a CPU at 50 degress under load is anything to be overly worried about. What CPU do you have?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

Your temps arent bad at all really. If your thinkin of overclocking them invest in a better cooler and a couple of case fans. Generally its better to blow air in from the bottom and out at the top.

TBH if your not overclocking and that is your CPU temp your still well within normal temp range.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,391 ✭✭✭jozi

judging from the replies i'm not doing so bad!

i've got a amd athlon xp 2500+ at 195x10.5 with a thermaltake volcano 12 on it.

i got 2 fans, out of my psu! it seems to be burned out, it trips the fuse board no mather wich room i try to power it in (tried different cables to) so of to dub to have a look tomorrow.

i'll be looking for some thermal grease to (the one mentioned above is that the one to look for?) as i had to take the whole pc appart to get the psu out!

thanks for the replies

jozi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

a load temp of 50 degrees is very safe dont worry about it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭neokenzo

On heavy load my temp is 55C. If it reaches 60C then I'll probably start to worry :)

Advertisement