Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bohs drop points again?

• 23-04-2004 10:30am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,894 ✭✭✭

Just looked up the scores from last night and saw that Bohs lost to Dublin City. 3 points from the last 5 games they've played isn't a great start to the season. I've not seen them play so far, are there any Boards posters that are fans? What's the reason for their poor start, is it purely down to having so many injuries or what?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I'm not a Boh's fan...I take an interest in Shels in fact.

But it seems that there is some unrest in the Boh's dressing room, Robbie Doyle handed in a transfer request last week after being dropped for one game, but he didn't go to Kenny, he went straight to the board.

I can't believe City beat them though, when Shels played City a couple of weeks ago it was a very bad game, City just defended, but the superiority of the Shels players told out, I assumed it would have been the same for Boh's.

Maybe the Boh's players are still traumatised over the pigs head in the Rovers game :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,894 ✭✭✭SteM

A mate of mine who works for Ladbrooks was looking to put a bet on DC not winning a match all season after the Shels / City match!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭LizardKing

It is early days ..but if bohs make a few more slip ups like this against the leagues supposed lesser teams then they might as well give shels the trophy now .... I did
    think it was going to be tight between bohs and shels however ,shels seem to have the edge and bohs seem to be cracking up a bit ... anyways theres still a while to go

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,894 ✭✭✭SteM

Originally posted by LizardKing
    It is early days ..but if bohs make a few more slip ups like this against the leagues supposed lesser teams then they might as well give shels the trophy now .... I did
    think it was going to be tight between bohs and shels however ,shels seem to have the edge and bohs seem to be cracking up a bit ... anyways theres still a while to go

Yeah, I know that we're only a few games into the season and all. Bohs had a poor start last season too and they came on strong towards the end, but if they can't do that this season then Shels may just walk away with the league. Waterford have had a good start but I can't se them keeping their form up for the whole season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

It's only seven games in to the season, and Shels have to travel to the RSC to play Waterford tonight, and having only drawn with Longford Town last week, the result is not a foregone conclusion.

Pat Fenlon said during the week that the players were feeling tired.

The season is only starting, and I hope for the sake of the eircom league that one or two teams don't run away with it, a lá Scotland. With teams like Waterford, Longford and Drogheda having strong squads, it looks like this won't happen.

I won't mention Cork Village, because that madman Dolan is in charge.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

You bohs fans shoulnt get to worried at least you havent got a home record like us 1 point from 5 home games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Shels held by Waterford Utd 1-1.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭AngelofFire

they should of never have chosen keddy over rutherford. letting him leave was a mistake. grant wasnt a great signing for them either-and im not saying that cos im a rovers fan. they should of stuck with the team that won them the league two years ago.Kenny has seriously allowed the squad to unbalance itself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

I was at the Bohs match, and I have to say it was absolutely disastrous. They were incredibly poor in front of goal, and the defence didnt look to have any coherency what-so-ever. Damien Lynch is rubbish and McNally isnt much better. I have to say, however, that the new striker, Stephen Ward (a replacement for Robbie Doyle), has been outstanding in the Rovers and Dublin City games. I cant see them catching Shels while Kenny is in charge, his signings have been poor and letting Rutherford go was a mortal sin.

Shels for the league.

Advertisement