Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is anyone playing online games in ireland?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

That goes without saying, which is one reason, I suppose, why there isn't as prolific an online gaming infrastructure in Ireland today compared, say, to the US or even Britain.
    It's thanks to Rev and the early pioneers that there are even any Irish game servers at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭n1ck

Originally posted by Dcully
    For Day of Defeat,Counter-Strike,Natural Selection Irish servers always full go to www.jarhedz.com .

In fairness the cs server is never full, rarely even has people on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭andrew12g

And as for the CoD servers, i havnt seen any one on those servers this year

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Originally posted by andrew12g
    And as for the CoD servers, i havnt seen any one on those servers this year

There could be 10-20 like yourself saying the same thing, GET UP OFF UR HOLE and do something.

Jump onto IRC, throw some emails around, post here on boards. Its your kind of MONG attitude that Rev is talking about.

I wasnt complaining was simply stating. anyway whats the point the server is (rap. Theres never anyone on with admin and the map rotations ar crap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

Again, you are an IDIOT

GET UP OFF UR HOLE AND DO SOMETHING

find out whois admin, get in contact, if you want new maps, link him to new maps, ask him nicely to install it, have a look for server configs for him etc.

The hardwork is already done, the servers are up, they are available, fckin make use of them by getting people together.

hey hey, easy there. I just been playin on it with dcully (i think) for the last hour. But u get a lot of noobs on the irl server tho. and becides u r thinkin i want to play on that server when i couldnt really give a sh1t because ther are better servers out there

• Registered Users Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Ye calm down bazH - I try Irish servers hang around in them for 10-20 mins then leave when I get bored - it's just at the mo' Ireland doesn't have such good Internet/Broadband penetration. Hopefully though it will get better - I am the only one in my circle of friends who has BB, so e-mailing them wont work;). There are Irish players there just not enough....give it time and we'll soon be complaining about overcrowding :D.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭dangerman

i am playing online games in ireland.

cs, dod, ut, bf1942[dc of course], mohaa, pandora tomorrow. most recently been wasting my time with the toca racing driver 2 demo.

we're all over the place. as people have said, get involved in the community.

if ur talking about (snigger) console online gaming, get a life, stick to pc gaming if u can afford it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

I started playing online games with Quake 2 and Total Annihilation. These days I play about 8 or 10 different Half Life mods, Halo, Battlefield 1942 and Code of Duty.

I've been meaning to get into QuakeWorld and Quake3 because they're so bloody popular at LANs. Can't find a copy of Q3 in any of the shops though..

Now that there are so many UK servers and most players are on broadband or at least ISDN I don't see much point in Irish servers. It's not that I don't think there should be communities of Irish players but I don't think the physical location of the hardware really matters.

• Advertisement

Ah but it does. There's an atmosphere of Irishness. Think of it as a pub. Would you prefer to be in an Irish pub or an American Bar. And becides your ping is slightly lower.

Advertisement