Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

For Nostalgias Sake

Options
  • 23-04-2004 11:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭

Okay, so google can't hook me up with any answers, and the offiical CTYI site only hints at one: Is there an official CTYI Alumni Organistion, or was that attempt 5 years ago the only one?

Anybody know? Or is Boards.ie the closest there is?

(BTW, I do realise that the title of this thread is probably spelt wrongly, but I don't really care)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭lordsippa

I think the whole supposed newsletter thingy you were meant to get when you turned 18 was it. I'M STILL FECKING WAITING DAMMIT!

Consider this and fizzytings it. But fizzytings is the wave of the past afaik and ctyibitch or whatever it was called... well ok i lost access to it when i changed email accounts and never bothered re-applying but still... I think this is it.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭halenger

Fizzytings?

Rings oh so slight a bell. Enlighten me though.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭his_dudeness

Yeah, just checked up "fizzythings".
    Its an old egroup on Yahoo.

Nothing's been posted to it for over a year though

fizzytings link

Join. Use. Etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭strawberry

You've reached an Age-Restricted Area of Yahoo! Groups.

This area contains material of a mature and adult nature the may not be suitable for younger users. You must be over the age of 18 to access this area of Yahoo! Groups.

Please sign in now.

One too many an obstacle for me I'm afraid - why would we want anywhere but boards?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

Actually i did have an idea of organising a 18+ CTYI'er night out....it would involve reserving a room or somesuch in a pub but it'd be a great laugh....

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭his_dudeness

Sounds like a plan. I presume Dublin would be the meeting place?

With a few days notice, to sort out travel arrangemnts and stuff, I'd definitely be able to make it.

That sounds like grest fun Neil, but you're not allowed have it yet! Please! I'll be back ever so soon.

Well it is just an idea...../me gets scared now at people going "YEAH! DO IT!!"

might find someone who's better at organising things than me, like...er...*looks up* PODGE! hehehe...my work here is done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭nosmo

August 15th sounds like a good date.. yeah...

• Advertisement

Ah an intellectual drunken orgy... I likes the sound of that.

But it'd better be after I get a job. :p

What's that Hugh? You're planning it all. Ok. My work here is done. :)

I heard it too, by volunteering a date you've volunteered to organise :) hah :D

Originally posted by nosmo
    August 15th sounds like a good date.. yeah...

Everyone's getting old, sniff. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭imp

I am thoroughly confused.

}:>

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭purplepolkadot

well if a venue is required, longford town is a salubrious night-out-place, especially when there's drunkenness involved. and ye can get there on the train and kip in my house. and i'll have my results by aug15 so i'd be in a good mood and wouldn't mind anyone puking on the porch.

TADA!!

Originally posted by purplepolkadot
    well if a venue is required...

You silly silly person. But yay! Someone was stupid enough to offer! :p

Oh and I've just remembered another yahoogroup... Ctyipoetry (or somesuch)... If I recall correctly Fio started it. Also there was another forum started just before this one but it didn't last... don't ask me where to find it <if it's still up> though.

hey i'm not stupid, i'm a talented youth!! does look like all the ammonia and peroxide have finally gone to my head though.

anyway it's an empty false offer really, i mean who's gonna come to longford?

(note: i live in cavan and do not wish to affiliated with longford or any of teachings)

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭larry

I'll come.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 168 ✭✭Peterfing

I wonder if you recall giving me directions to your house once, Lisa?

Expect me this Saturday, midnight-ish.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

If there is going to be something of this manner can it be AFTER August 23rd cos then I'll be in the 18+ group as well?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭edibility

Podge, Neil, Hugh, Sven, you will wait exactly two years, one month and five days before you have this do...or smuggle me in, whichever. Please!

(edit) wait, no, six days. I thought today was the fourth.

No.

Well maybe we'll smuggle you in or something...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭edibility

Excellent >)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,880 ✭✭✭nosmo

Stuffoo noob.

I wonder if you recall giving me directions to your house once, Lisa?
    i've got my whip and kinky videos all ready dear.

what's with all this over-18 crap? my provisional license says i'm 19 and my student ID says i do speech and language therapy in brighton uni. c'mon like.
    FAKE ID'S. or just don't shave for two or three days. and lads... well, walk in with older lads.

GOD like.

and i look all of seven.

Student ID means nothing in the real world in all fairness.

Any some places are picky about provisionals.

Purplepokadot: the fact that you are from boggerland is highlighted by your post. and btw if i am in anyway involved in organising this, i will stipulate, anyone under the age of 18 will not be getting in. not cus i'm a bastard, but if we end up reserving a room or somesuch and theres a spotcheck, the organisers end up liable.

Reserving a room sounds like an awful lot of hassle - can't we just pick a pub and congregate?

I vote O'Neills - they do nice food too :D

• Advertisement

problem with just all congregating is the fact that there'd probably end up being a few turned away.

Advertisement