Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

For Nostalgias Sake

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭strawberry

Not in a pub, especially if we started nice and early in the afternoon. Personally I feel that starting drinking in the evening is denying the day its full worth ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭purplepolkadot

may i add that i got into an over 21's aged 15 in manchester, a real place, stricter than your town, with my ****ty ****ty ****ty ID.
    btw if you start drinkin midafternoon and it's own of those proper pubs with a doorman/barman worth his salt, they'll just check everyone at 9pm.

I wasn't suggesting that we be joined by over eighteens, I just presumed that Neil was talking about picky places.

I would say that Dublin bouncers are stricter than the ones in Manchester. They don't take anything but passport, age card, and sometimes driver's licences anymore. Provisionals and student cards aren't likely to get you anywhere unless the bouncer likes the look of you as well as truly believing that you left your proper id at home (rare occurrence).
    Plus in Dublin they sometimes just turn you away cos they feel like it :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

What i'm stating, clear and simple, is that on this site i cannot advocate or allow the discussion of anything illegal. whatever happens outside of this site is fine but on this site i cant allow it.

The long and drawn out discussions of underage drinking and what the eejits did on their weekends was part of the problem with the IJC board, now defunct.

Besides, the consumption of alcohol is a moral transgression, the consequences of which you can only fully understand after you turn 18 (21 for americans because they take that little bit longer) ;)

And I don't really know many ctyiers under 18*.

* Age hug, age!

• Advertisement
Advertisement