Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tall Paul??

• 23-04-2004 11:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭

goin to Tall Paul, Agnelli and Nelson and Johnny Moy tonite in Galway...cos theres nothin else on....whats TP playin these days? is he gonna be any good? i suppose tech-trance??? any1 seen him lately?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

i'm still debating whether to go to this or not...

€23 for a ticket & i've only managed to talk my flatmate & his gf into going:dunno:

TP was fairly boring the last time i saw him, about 3 years ago... hopefully he'll bang it out a bit harder this time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭froggie_1

last time i saw him was Paddys Nite 2002 he played before Tiesto in Docs in limerick...unreal nite...he was a bit boring aswell, but hes headlinin tonite so he will prob lash it out.....whats the venue like?? im new to this galway craic...tix are dear arent they....

it's supposed to be one of galways largest venues (second to the black box, which is just a large hangar...)
    never been myself but i'm dying to check it out. i've heard nothing but good things about the venue.

i'd be more interested in seeing robbie nelson play a solo set tbh... seriously doubt i'll bother going to this tonight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Tiesto

Originally posted by tman

i'd be more interested in seeing robbie nelson play a solo set tbh... seriously doubt i'll bother going to this tonight

yeah he did play a solo set. and he was amazing :)

it was class, all djs banged it out very hard.....robbie nelson was for sure the best...we were conned a little though cos there was no seccond room with Johnny Moy and Live Percussion...not that i cared. venue was class....i reckon it was organised by the same crowd that organised LUST in thurles and then Limerick cos it was the same mc....they put on good shows. the crowd was cool if a bit young....goes with the trance territory...not as young/knackery as a point/ godskitchen gig though thank god...is trance the new pop...?! i reckon the venue made a huge mistake though...i hope they realise too....the whole venue was covered with broken glass....i cudnt find a spot on the floor that wasnt, the staire were too....all fcuked people droppin their drinks outa thier sweaty paws....3 people i know fell and cut themselves...disaster...how come they cudnt have had a few thousand plastic glasses? i hope they learn from their mistakes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Originally posted by tman
    TP was fairly boring the last time i saw him, about 3 years ago... hopefully he'll bang it out a bit harder this time

He played the second hour of this weeks essential mix on BBC radio 1.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/dance/essentialmix/

urgh, i ended up going to the gpo on friday night... some boyos from the FCom label doing a live pa:dunno:
    not too bad as far as live pa's go tbh...

****ing sick of the venue though

im gettin kinda sick of the GPO now too and im only here a month. they bangin out the techno of sat nite tho...great crowd and some laugh goin outside for the auld toke!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Did they do much with the refit?

any big changes?

Rabbit

nah, just a snazzier paint scheme above & around the main bar is all i noticed.

same old gpo apart from that

• Advertisement
Advertisement