Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A musical car crash

Options
  • 23-04-2004 11:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭

http://www.franklarosa.com/vinyl/BigImg/miller.jpg

Celebrities make themselves look like chumps all the time because they choose not to be around people who will stop them from saying (or doing) stupid things. That's why we love celebrities right?

Now this had me in hysterics and is a perfect illustration of how easy it is to get someone to look stupid by telling them they're good - when clearly they are not.

Quote: "The sarcasm is very subtle, just enough to give the wink to record collectors like us while keeping poor Mrs. Miller in the dark."

Turn up the sound and prepare yourself for what can only be described as musical terrorism, thank you Mrs Miller- your wonderful talent has brigtened my day!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

reminds me of Florence Foster Jenkins and her woeful The Glory Of The Human Voice.. she basically thought she sounded amazing and due to having a lot of money booked herself in at carnegie hall as well.. which promptly sold out due to her status as a comedy act :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭WetDaddy

Hee-hee... :D

I found a bunch of Mike Murphy (yes, as in he of "Micro Quiz" and "Winning Streak" fame) vinyl LP's in The Secret Book & Record Store on Exchequer street... ;)

Interesting point: I was in there buying a Boomtown Rats album on vinyl for my friend for her birthday. That year, 4 of us bought her Boomtown Rats records. She hates Bob Geldof, but now all of a sudden she has a collection of Rats albums! Hooray!

Advertisement