Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Is Laurent Robert the laziest player in the Premiership??

• 23-04-2004 12:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭

Basically a rhetorical question, but he was infuriating for Newcastle against Marseille last night.

This guy, when he bothers his arse, has the best left foot in the league, can cross a ball onto a six pence, and has a lethal long range shot, as evidenced by his two goals against Tottenham in January.

But most of the time he acts like he couldnt give a toss - Newcastle were only saved by the post last night after Robert was robbed of posession for about the tenth time, he does no tracking back whatsoever, makes Ginola look like Roy Keane by comparison.

I know wingers don't normally do that sort of thing, but Robert is taking it to new extremes.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I thought Big Ron cleared up this matter?

It's Marcel Dessailly! :D

B.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

LOL Baz

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭talla

Beat me to it Bazmo :D

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,724 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Langer Baz , but true!! :D

He is a lazy git, that is in Robert! He must be a killer to play with but when he bothers he is class!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Yup he's one of those players than u think is the best thing since slice bread one day and the next you would rather rouque junior in the team .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,832 ✭✭✭Waylander

Nicholas Anelka is worse. He will not even consider moving unless the ball is on his toe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I saw the game last night and truely if can only belive that its those occassional magic moments that keep him in the team - can't takle, won't track back wont offer himself as a target...what a waste! (newcastle seem to have a recent tradition of tolerating this type of player...)

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Once in a blue moon he does track back ( and i have seen ) . But what gets me annoyed is he;s realy good when he tracks back .

Maybe Hugo Viana deserves his chance . ( he realy wants the chance to make the portugal 2004 side , but its too late know . I say if he isnt a starter by next season he'll leave )

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Bungalow Bill

I can't agree there Bigears, I thought Hugo Viana was woeful, he lost the ball numerous times by trying to switch the play at a bad time and were caught on the break.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 635 ✭✭✭johnor

He's one of those players you leave in your side because you know on his day he can win a game for you. He also affects the way the oposition line up, think vianna has been treated a bit harsh..cant see him staying there too long without a run in the team.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Originally posted by Waylander
    Nicholas Anelka is worse. He will not even consider moving unless the ball is on his toe.
    I have to agree, Anelka must be the laziest I can think of. He's also one of the most selfish players. I saw the highlights of the Leicester - City match and when City scored he didn't seem to care.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Yeah Robert is lazy, but as Johnor said he's in the team because he can win you games. Look at Matt Le Tissier, rarely left the opposition half (and he was a midfielder!!!) and was still one of the greatest legends the league has ever known.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

It's definately between Robert and Forlan. Forlan can be a lazy cunt at times too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

I wouldn't agree that Forlan is lazy, he's just sh1te! The most fustrating thing about Forlan is the fact that he runs around like a headless chicken but just never seems to get anything done! :mad:

B.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,761 ✭✭✭Xterminator

I would nomimate Viduka as the lasiest player of the season.

Look at the weight the guy is carrying, and you get the improession he is just as lasy in training!!

I am taking the whole season it consideration, as for the first 3/4s of the season, he didnt even break sweat!!!

X

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭alfie

Robert is consistently inconsistent and what annoys me about him is the fact he moans so much. He got taken off in the UEFA cup( the game before the PSV game) and refused to shake Bobby Robsons hand, who clearly had an eye on the premiership game at the weekend

Advertisement