Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Microsoft CRM

Options
  • 23-04-2004 12:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭

My boss wants me to install Microsoft CRM on
    our domain controller. Anyone any experience
    in it??. I've had a quick look at it, and it looks
    a complete pool of poo. Just how much of a
    pain is it going to be to set it up and keep
    it going in a non-MSExchange environment??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭ressem

http://www.microsoft.com/BusinessSolutions/MSCRM/Highlights/crm_systemrequirements.mspx

Requirements include sql server and MS Exchange 2000/2003 on the same domain.

Installing early MS software on your domain controller without testing seems risky (pronounce risky the same way you would insane madness). Is it one of those demo versions that thay have been hyping?

Even running SQL server and this CRM software on the same server is not recommended by Microsoft in this document.

I looked at installing on a test domain, but the amount of CALS that I'd be required to upgrade, plus a new MS server to use this meant I could scare the accountants away from the idea.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,807 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Despite the hype about 2003 being able to run multiple apps you want as little as possible running on mission ciritical servers. lAlso very few M$ apps uninstall cleanly, leaving behind DLL's and reg settings so you can't get back to exactly where you were.

If it is a mission critical project it should have it's own server , if it's not then it's not a good idea to risk a mission critical server with it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,777 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

the domain must be in native mode as well

Advertisement