Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Defending Corners

• 23-04-2004 12:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭

I've got and Irish Premier divition team and i always looses goals through corners. even though i've got 4 in devnce AND sweeper
    any idea's

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

add more 'set pieces defensive' to the training schedule..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭watman

Do you have players to cover the posts when defending corners ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 MisterT

Unless you have tweaked your tactic for defending corners, players should - by default - go on the goulmouth with the remaining 6 - 8 marking the opposing side.

Also, unless you concede in every single match buckets and buckets of goals from corners, I don't think you can totally eradicate goals from corners - after all, I'm sure you score your fair share too :confused:

Basically all I can suggest to you is to look at your defenders stats, height, jumping, off the ball, positioning etc and see if they are actually good, I reckon anything 10+ in the Irish division would be reasonable, anything less and you should be on the lookout for some cheap knock offs from the Conference in England...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,105 ✭✭✭Tyrrial

thanks for the help. got some nice new cheap tall defenders and tweeked their instructions and it's going a lot better.

Advertisement