Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

flash buttons in dreamweaver

Options
  • 23-04-2004 1:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭

hi all, if i create a button in flash, (create the different states, save it as a symbol, button give it a name) do i have to drag it to the stage/how do i save it so taht i can use it as a button in Dreamweaver....
    i know theres something simple im doing wrong....

can anyone help?!

Thanks

Frog

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭hostyle

I shouldn't really reply, seeing as I havent used Dreamweaver since version 3/4 but there used to be an insert Flash animation button / menu option. Failing that is there an import option? What happens if you drag your Flash button (the .swf file) into Dreamweaver?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭froggie_1

hey thanks for replyin and sorry for takin so long to pst again....its really wreckin my head now. got lovely buttons made in flash now....the problem is I dont know where the .swf file is. when creatin a button that i want to use in dreamweaver, do i straight away go from a blank stage to create a symbol, make it a button and give it a name. mae the over hit off states and all that. then return to the stage? do i then drag an instance of my button onto the stage? If i try to save anything then it immediately wants to save it as a .fla. When i save it as a .swf anyway,even though it doesnt give me that option, it will show up in the library in DW, but will not display....im going mad...have read all help files and tutorials...any advice is greatly appreciated....as always i have my suspicions its a small issue that im missing but the holes in my brain are gettin too big.

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭hostyle

Your problem would seem to be a Flash one then rather than a Dreamweaver. In Flash, "Export Movie" under the File menu will make a .swf for you.

Advertisement