Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Utd vs The Pool(Lots of score hopefully)

• 23-04-2004 1:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭

Very dependent on what team Fergie sends out. Have a feeling it will be strong one -

Something like this

Howard
    Neville
    Sylvestre
    Brown
    OShea(P Neville)
    Ronaldo(or Fletcher)
    Keane
    Butt (or Djemba x2)
    Giggs
    Ruud
    Saha

Don't know why but have a feeling United may win 3 or 4 nil.

As this is likely to be the a very hotly debated thread(especially if something controversial happens) can we all ensure that it does not go out of control - think before you post)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

The Pool to trash them 3-0

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

I have a feeling that the pool are gonna come out top on this one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Im going for a 1-1 draw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Man utd to play useless and to..................

Thrash the Pool 4-1

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭talla

I have a feeling the Pool will sneak this 1 - 0. The Liverpool sequence to strike again, win - crap result - crap result - win. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Graham Poll has recently been withdrawn from the game and Mike ( manchester ) Riley has taken his place .

This has taken place as of polls comments about Gary Neville Diving twice in a game against Arsenal .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭kida

Gary Neville is 40-1 to be first goalscorer.

Anyone know where I could get odds on a player being sent off.(Fancy Gerrard might be a bit too fired up tomorrow)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

United to win 2-0. Ruud and Saha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭LizardKing

low score draw 0-0 or 1-1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

Originally posted by LizardKing
    low score draw 0-0 or 1-1

I agree. Judging by the previous games for both teams, this one could be like watching paint dry. Then again, as I keep pointing out, I'am always wrong, so that means it should be a 4-4 game-of-the-century cracker. But I doubt it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

As Utd are fragile and Pool are low on moral this could be truly painfull - Utd to win with one goal (the bastards!)

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

4-1 utd. 'pool need to win which means they wont sit and defend and are forced to attack which they cant do. saha and van the man up front and utd will cruise to victory.

utd will want to win now for a bit of pride and should be at their best (no real pressure, time for a few tricks and hungry to win after a defeat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Originally posted by kida
    As this is likely to be the a very hotly debated thread(especially if something controversial happens) can we all ensure that it does not go out of control - think before you post)

Nah don't lads...we have a new mod...lets see what he's made of...

Joking...joking...I'm joking....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Originally posted by Big Ears
    Graham Poll has recently been withdrawn from the game and Mike ( manchester ) Riley has taken his place .

This has taken place as of polls comments about Gary Neville Diving twice in a game against Arsenal .

Typical. Wonder how many penalties he'll give Man U tomorrow, actually I might see if can have a bet on that. Two or more for certain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭jobonar

me thinks a close fought match with liverpool losing it at the end of the second half and finally losing 3-1!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

I dunno, Man Utd don't really have anything at stake, while Liverpool deperately need a win tomorrow. For that reason alone, I think they might steal it. Just make sure Danny Murphy's in the starting line-up! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Originally posted by NekkidBibleMan
    I dunno, Man Utd don't really have anything at stake, while Liverpool deperately need a win tomorrow. For that reason alone, I think they might steal it. Just make sure Danny Murphy's in the starting line-up! :)

Runners up is still up for grabs and it's mean the difference between qualifying automatically for the Champions league or having to play the qualifying rounds to get in.

United to win 3-0, I reckon pool could shock me, but in fairness I've been waiting since the first day of the season for that.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Originally posted by NekkidBibleMan
    I dunno, Man Utd don't really have anything at stake, while Liverpool deperately need a win tomorrow. For that reason alone, I think they might steal it.
    There is one thing that Fergie desperately wants to avoid and that is the CL qualifiers. 2nd place is automatic qualification to the Cl, 3rd place have to play a qualifer. Newcastle came 3rd last year but failed to qualify. Also, the qualifier is in July or something which means an early season for whoever comes 3rd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

A very Exciting one nil win to the pool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭JippoKelly

Liverpool to get stuffed 3-0. God, I hope I'm completely wrong. :dunno:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

2-0 to United

Ronaldo and van Nistelrooy to score.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

Originally posted by smemon
    4-1 utd. 'pool need to win which means they wont sit and defend and are forced to attack which they cant do. saha and van the man up front and utd will cruise to victory.

utd will want to win now for a bit of pride and should be at their best (no real pressure, time for a few tricks and hungry to win after a defeat.

Completely wrong, liverpool need to win so they will sit back under GH's order as usual. 4-1!!! Do you really think united are that much better than liverpool this season? Liverpool are bad but united are almost as.....

2-1 united, with some help from the ref as usual.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭kida

Do you really think united are that much better than liverpool this season?
    Actually 21 points better. The league table does not lie.

Manchester United Played 34 Points 71
    Liverpool Played 34 Points 50

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

page 2... on topic... civil...

Oh, I'm sorry, I was looking for the Soccer forum :)

I have to admit something, I'm a closet Pool supporter from my schooldays. *blush*
    I dunno why but I'd love to see them stuff Man U :)
    (psssst dont tell Amp... he's one of them).

DeV.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Originally posted by Thanx 4 The Fish
    A very Exciting one nil win to the pool.

but this IS liverpool we are talking about. The only exciting thing about them the past few games has been...well...nothing tbh.

I do hope your are right tho T4TF.

btw, welcome to soccer Dev :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

Originally posted by kida
    Actually 21 points better. The league table does not lie.

Manchester United Played 34 Points 71
    Liverpool Played 34 Points 50

Ok I should probably re-phrase that, do you really think united are having a much better season by there standards? Liverpool are not on the same level as united, and realistically 3rd was probably all we could hope for at the start of the season because chelsea were a somewhat unknown quantity, but having seeing how well chelsea have gelled 4th is the best we could have done. On the other hand a 3rd place finish would be terrible for united because they probably thought they could win the league.

My post was trying to put liverpool at the same level as united becuase they arent, anyone who thinks they are close is kidding themselves. But Liverpool usually pull it out for the big games and were unlucky not to draw against united at anfield because of heskey cracking finish at the end (for anyone that remembers the game Im sure that piece of skill will bring a smile to your face, so for someone to suggest itll be a 4-0 win for united is a bit narrow minded............but my beloved liverpool have proved me wrong on many occasions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Ok so I'm goin to try to watch this match online.
    I have 1 meg down so bandwidth isn't really an issue, where can I get a decent feed which doesnt cut out every two seconds?

soccerstreams.com is decent enough to watch once you get in there early enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Good of you to check in Dev :)

And glad to see that you are a pool fan too.

Sticking by my prediction, Owen and Heskey up front, Heskey knock down for Owen to stick it in.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by DeVore
    page 2... on topic... civil...

Oh, I'm sorry, I was looking for the Soccer forum :)

DeV.

Phuft (or somthing similair)! Just wait 'til 4.50.

Mike.

Originally posted by mike65
    Phuft (or somthing similair)! Just wait 'til 4.50.

Mike.

:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Hmmm don't know who I want to win this.

United cause they will put more pressure on Chelsea and probably hasten the departure of Houllier which should stop all the bitching from my Liverpool mates (well until midway thru next season :p)?

Liverpool to win because as an Arsenal fan I wouldn't call united my favourite team in the world ???

Hmm this is a tough one but my head says that poor old pool will be getting as the english say a "damn fine trashing" :)

Gandalf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

3-1 to Liverpool, owen/kewel/gerrard and gary neville for Manu

Im serious (pool win tho) ;)

Which channel do you recommend?

What do you mean by if you get there early?
    Do you get more bandwidth if you stay on something for longer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

I presume he means the site will crash if there are too many extra people on it, like it has for me.

• Advertisement

Ok, I was wondering do you guys have video acceleration on?
    I just turned it to mediium and the plyabck seems to have gotten a lot beter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 615 ✭✭✭Hydromonkey

Confirmed team for the pool:

LIVERPOOL: Dudek, Carragher, Riise, Hyypia, Henchoz, Gerrard, Hamann, Finnan, Murphy, Kewell, Owen.

SUBS: Luzi, Baros, Cheyrou, Smicer, Heskey.

I cant quite see what sort of a formation they'll be playing but it looks quite defensive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Mighty_Mouse

2-1 to united.

God I hope for their own sake pool dont get 4th

Oh my goodness.......Danny Murphy is on the spot..

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

1-0 COME ON

(i assume it was Murphy who scored)

• Advertisement

SUPER-DAN 1-0!!! C'mon you Reds!

No shouting now! ;)

Mike.

I'm more stunned by the fact that Mike Reilly awarded a penalty against Man U at Old Trafford, than us being in front.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Isn't that about the fifth penalty given against Man U at Old Trafford, and the first one scored, since 1993?

Mike Reilly has'nt shown any bias towards Utd today.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭sleepwalker

im more stunned by the fact liverpool managed to actually score a peno

I can't remember Murphy ever missing a penalty, Owen can't take them and really shouldn't try to again.

Agh my God! They're gonna score....! Get the bloody ball up the other end!

Bruno's on thats it we're f>cked.... :(

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Originally posted by smemon

Bwahahahahaa - smemon you really need to stop predicting the results in United games :)

Result

Man Utd 0 - 1 Liverpool

A fine and deserved result about which I'm most pleased. :)

Mike.

• Advertisement
Advertisement