Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ESAT ANYTIME & The rest of the time.

Options
  • 24-04-2004 12:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 246 ✭✭

Hi Folks

First time visiting this forum ,maybe its common knowledge,just had to vent
    my anger at ESAT.

Was subscribed to ESAT's ANYTIME service but have just moved house.
    E-mailed them to tell them i no longer wanted service as have moved
    could they please send out final bill to my new address.
    (We have subscribed to EIRCOM for net access at our new address due
    to having a daughter with special needs in receipt of carers allowance
    so we get an allownce for EIRCOM)
    Got an e-mail back telling me i would have to give 90!YES 90! days notice!!!

So we will now have to pay ESAT and as i have discovered on this site EIRCOM
    require 30 days notice.So 1 very F****D "CUSTOMER.

As i say first time visiting this forum ,maybe someone else has had this
    problem?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭Urban Weigl

I am not trying to be unfair here, but there is nothing you can do, it is part of the contract. Sorry.

You will also notice that for broadband, Eircom for instance have a minimum 12 month contract.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,784 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Strictly speaking it is in the contract that you signed up for.

However you might think of emailing Bill Murphy the CEO of Esat/IOL and explain your story to him, perhaps he will understand and cancel your contract:

billmurphy@esat.ie

But do remember that you don't have a right to this, so ask nicely.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭WezzyB

I heard that other companies are supposed to be able to get a slice of the 'Subsidised Users' Scheme or whatever its called i.e. You could get the same amount that is currently paid to eircom per month for another provider i.e. 02, vodafone, meteor, esatbt, smart, utv etc

Not sure if I'm totally correct about this service just read something over the past few months about this here. So basically you might NOT NEED to switch from Esat.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Boberto

I was in the same situation except i had no phone line for 3 months before i finally cancelled it. We were supposed to get the phone back each time but then finally never bothered.

Anyhow they quoted the 90 day notice to me and i was furious having already paid for 3 months and never used the service during that time (which their logs would have verified). They didn't care.... So i had to pay my 60euro again that month and then another 60 the following 2 months to finish the contract (they say i'll be refunded the 30e but i won't hold my breath).

Incidently they also told me i could not downgrade to any of the other surf packages (i figured i could reduce my bills at least until i cancelled). They said i could only upgrade to broadband... Ridiculous service. So if anyone wishes to do this they must cancel their contract (and also continue paying for 90 days worth of the service) and then reregister for the surf accounts...

Advertisement