Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IOL BB Billing - when does the cap reset ?

• 24-04-2004 9:58am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭

Got hooked up to IOL/East BB on Monday last. Have been monitoring my usage and have a 16GB cap.

When does the 'month' start for IOL/Esat billing ? Is it from last monday or does it reset on the 1st of May ? Couldn't find anything on their FAQ.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

On the first of every month it resets - so if I were you I'd go mad right now cause you have 16GB and 6 days to use em in:D.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,198 ✭✭✭shabbyroad

<<GASP>> wouldn't dream of it ;-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Actually come to think of it, is everyone on 16Gig cap now?
    The notice they sent mentioned something like the month after the month you're billed or something obscure like that.
    Why can't they just set one date for everyone?!
    I'm on something like 7.5Gigs and I don't know wether to take it easy with the net usage or go completely nuts and use the other 8 gigs.
    :( :rolleyes: :confused: :dunno: :ninja: :ninja: :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,212 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

they'd warn you in your DSL stats if you were about to run out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,321 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

You are on 16GB - if you didn't ask them to downgrade you anyway - if you are ever at any risk of breaking the cap there will be a warning on the usage calculator page saying you will break your cap in XX number of days. I never lose that warning:D. Right now it says 1 day.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Ah phew thanks, I saw that warning once before but I didn't know it was relyable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Originally posted by OfflerCrocGod
    You are on 16GB - if you didn't ask them to downgrade you anyway - if you are ever at any risk of breaking the cap there will be a warning on the usage calculator page saying you will break your cap in XX number of days. I never lose that warning:D. Right now it says 1 day.

Mine says i'll go over in 4 days.

Its good to share!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭alb

I'm at 15.85 downloaded this month (ooops) but the warning that had been appearing on the usage page all week is gone. Did this ever happen anyone else?

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭uRbaN

i never get close to the 16gb cap....i shud be abusing it more obviously :)

Advertisement