Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgraded DSL and now can't connect

• 24-04-2004 2:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hello,

Hope someone might have some advice. I asked Netsource to upgrade my DSL from SME to Enterprise, which they apparently did, as the line shows as 1024/256. Stupidly, I did this on Friday and didn't get home to check it until the evening... to find that my router (DLINK 504) can't connect: Peer Abort. Netsource aren't there until Monday morning. Any ideas?

TM

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭neokenzo

When the company I work for upgraded with Netsourse we had to change some of the router settings.

1. Username need to end with netsource.ie => username@netsouce.ie
    2. Authentication needs to change to CHAP

Hope that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭The Mooche

Thanks. I'll try that when I get back there. Luckily I have access to a machine (and discreet net access) for another 6 or 7 hours (late shift - shame on a day like this) so any other suggestions would be appreciated. I suppose I could wait until Monday, but wish they'd at least emailed me to tell me that something might need to change.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,083 ✭✭✭carbsy

Nothing should need to be altered at your end Mooche.It looks like either the upgrade hasn't been completed fully or something has gone wrong at the exchange.Either way you'll have to wait until Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭The Mooche

I was hoping that it would be something I could change, but didn't think it would be. I'll try changing the username, etc. when I get back, but I'm resigned to waiting until Monday, which isn't too bad considering I had to wait 4 months for Eircom to move my line (during which time I was paying rental and Netsource's fees - kept hoping Eircom would finally carry out one of the many change orders they kept putting through but ignoring, and cancelling Netsource would have meant waiting a month to get broadband back). So one day isn't that bad. Still quite annoying, though.

Looks like I'll have to do something else tomorrow. At least I can't do any work.

TM

Advertisement