Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sim registration failed?

Options
  • 24-04-2004 8:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭

hey i was wondering could you help?

I unlocked my nokia 3200 from the vodafone network(well the guy in the meteor shop did) and i put my meteor sim card in. and for the first day it worked perfect getting calls and messages but now it wont register and i get on screen "sim registration failed". So i put my brothers meteor sim in and it worked perfect.
    Then i put my sim into my brothers fone and it works grand, but i just get that message with my sim in my fone!

Any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭garyc

it will now only work with the vodafone network but it is unlocked and i was using meeor for a day with the fone?

anybody got any suggestions at all?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Micro1

Its either 1 of 2 things.

1. The phone has been reported stolen and the imei blacklisted

or

2. The sim you have is faulty or is not compatable with a 3200.

Either way ring 1905, thats the customer car number for meteor. They will sort it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭BigMoose

If the phone has been reported stolen and the IMEI blacklisted it shouldn't work on the Vodafone network either, so I'd go with option 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Seemingly Meteor have acknowledged that they are having issues with the 3200, particularly with relation to MMS.

Sim registration failed would more than likely be the sim card. Give them a call and they will be able to identify the cause of the problem.

Yea there has been a problem getting mms working on 3200 (ie it wont). But tech are working on it and sould have it fixed with in 2 weeks. Its an issue with the software and has been a very large pain in my arse.

Tell me, is there 3 x's on the sim card, after the 12 numbers.

• Advertisement

No there isnt 3 x after the sim number. i gave meteor a ring and the fella didnt know what the problem was and send i should send it off to be fixed, when i told him it works with vodafone so its not the phone, he just said he didnt know what it was.

this so annoying i might just change to vodafone but then i lose my number and free messages.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Its most likely the sim!

The guy that asked me was there 3 x on the sim there isnt what does that mean?

Sorry mate for not getting back to you. The 3x X would meen thats its a 32k sim, what a 3200 is designed for. An older sim ,may, not be full compatable with your phone. Ring 1905 and get them to post you 1.

OK will do! Thanks, im tempted to go buy an ngage now though!

• Advertisement
Advertisement