Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Download Manager?

Options
  • 24-04-2004 11:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭

I am looking for recommendations of a good, light download manager app.
    All i need it to do is retry and resume downloads without spyware or adware.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Getright is a good one. Its connected to filemirrors.com which will provide various mirrors to anything you are downloading and can be downloading various segments of a file at the same time etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

I'll second GetRight. There may be better ones out there but I've been using GetRight for about four years and find it rather good.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,312 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I've used Fresh Download for a while and find it pretty good. A new version has just been realeased, you can get it here http://www.freshdevices.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Reget is the bomb.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

yeah i'll 3rd getright. I've been using it for about 3 yrs now an i find it pretty handy. It was especially handy when i had 56k for telling it to hang up and shutdown at 8am :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Pataman

I find DAP is good www.speedbit.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

getright all the way baby:)

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭mickeyboymel

Slightly off topic, what is the ".exe" command for Norton Antivirus to scan downloads.

I am trying to intigrate Norton into Fresh Download, but there are loads of .EXE instances within the Norton Program File and I do not know which one to use?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,967 ✭✭✭Dun

I use GetRight too.

The NAV command is:

"C:\Program Files\Norton AntiVirus\Navw32.exe"

Presuming you've that directory structure, and are using Windows 2000 or XP (not sure if it's the same under 9x).

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭mickeyboymel

Cheers Dun, exactly what I was looking for.

• Advertisement
Advertisement