Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N-Gage 99 euros in Xtra-vision

• 25-04-2004 2:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭

My shop has sold out of them and i dunno if any still have them left but ring around if you want one. Not to bad for 99 quid
    Xboxs droped down to 100 quid aswell but my manager never told me or any of the staff and i think that offer is over now

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,212 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

ooo - €100 was my the amount I decided to wait for to get an Xbox at...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

looks like you were right, pity they seem to be sold out everywhere :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,025 ✭✭✭yellum

There's a new N-Gage on it's way so Nokia is trying to dump the current one before July. I guess that's why it's so low.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭wolfman

That 99 euro offer for the n-gage is subject to a contract??? Is it not?? I was told 199 was the cheapest simfree!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,541 ✭✭✭duridian

There must be a catch like that somehow. There might be a newer model on the way but I doubt they're gonna just throw away the older N-gage that cheaply.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 651 ✭✭✭sirlinux

Anyone know what the story on this is? is it a contract or prepaid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,582 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

guess you havn't seen the new n-gage yet

vortal_pic_121748.jpg

openpic.php?name=..%2Fscreenshots_library%2Fdir_243%2Fvortal_pic_121746.jpg

there was an xtravision add in the sunday world, it only mentioned a contract when it says u can get fifa 2004 for free(had a * beside fifa and then mentioned contract at the bottom), They were sold out all over the midlands before 2pm( rang up my local branch and was told that), and i doubt that would be the case if they were contract phones. Id say most stores had none and it was just to get people in to xtravision. The offer was an ngage, 70 euros credit, 50 euros xtravision vouchers all for 99 euros. Even if its **** 4 games, that offer would be a very good bargain. And considering there 379 euros in the argos catalogue!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭begbie

Ah, well. I can forget bout getting one then. Must have been a catch somehwere. Its like they were paying you to buy the phone.:dunno:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭s8n

anyone know where I can get one??

• Advertisement

I was thinking of checking out xtravision in carlow to see if they have it.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭seanok

Sent an e-mail to XtraVision here is the response.

Hi Seán,

Yes we are currently selling the NGage for €99 (While stocks last.)

It is a reday to go phone, games console, MP3 player etc..

It is available in O2 or SIM Free format, whereby you use your own SIM card with the NGage. You also receive a free FIFA game with the phone when you buy it.

If you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact me.

With best reagrds,

Kate Mcgowan,
    Customer Services Dept.

pity they advertised in the paper when there was none left!

just rang the head office. they are gone everywhere.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Just rang my local branch - they said they only had 1 (just like every branch) and its sold long ago..

So, it was all a big marketing ploy.:(

and i wonder who bought the one they had, could an employee have bought it or informed a friend.............

normally the way these things work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Is it actually any good as a phone, or are you paying silly amounts of money for a substandard games console?

I just wanted it more so as a games console that i could play. It had the upside of being a phone too.:D

• Advertisement

After doing some ringing around I sent this e-mail

Hi Kate,

I rang, would you believe, all of your Xtravision outlets in Cork (15 of them), and even left my name and number with most.

Some were unsure about the offer and fobbed me off saying to ring back later in the week, in the hope that they might come back in stock.

Those that were informed told me that they had only 1 in stock for each outlet, with one (Ballincollig) having still theirs but it was being kept for someone.

Can you shed any light as to whether any N-Gage consoles have been sold at all to the general public, and if so are any still available and where?

I believe they are on your computer systems as NG01 and this could be verified quite easily.

I wanted to verify as I have heard similar stories around the country from online forums.

Best Regards

Sean

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭father_ted9t9

Whats the email to send to, we should all do same to back you up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,994 ✭✭✭✭blorg

This sounds like one for advertising standards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Jorinn

Yeah, wouldn't mind the eamil addy too if you don't mind.

@seanok

U might be lucky and they get one for you just to shut you up, might send them an email myself :)

Id say theres an email address on their website www.xtravision.ie

If I was a staff member of xtravison, id definitely buy it myself or inform a friend, cause your bascially gettin the fone for free when u take into account the 70 euros credit and 50 euro xtra vision vouchers. I doubt vodafone stores are gonna half the price to 99 euros too. Does anyone know when the offer actually started? I wonder how many xtra dvds etc that were rented out in there stores yesterday

dont think the email address is gonna be any help its iinfo@blockbuster.com(yes 2 i's) , blockbuster being the uk equivalent of xtravision and owners it seems.

Sorry, I could not post until now.
    Just checked my e-mails and it looks positive. The lady said that she sourced one for me. The only thing is when I get in touch with her tomorrow it might already be gone.

Here's hoping.

I was going to buy one when they were in Argos for 349Euros.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Ebonyks

Originally posted by seamus
    Is it actually any good as a phone, or are you paying silly amounts of money for a substandard games console?

Used a friends and i thought it was like talking into a taco.

Played Pandemonium on it...brought me back...games good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,212 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

yeah, it looked like a direct port of the PS version...so 3D ish, somewhat nicer than a GBA.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭father_ted9t9

Got a friend of a friend to do some lookin in to this for me, and found out there will be 300 more available around ireland on thursday, so if ya know anyone in Xtravision, get them to hold it for ya!!

• Advertisement

i wouldnt be surprised, and i wouldnt be surprised if there sold out again b4 they go on sale :)

Advertisement