Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N-Gage 99 euros in Xtra-vision

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭seanok

Well I got mine last night from Michelstown.
    They have one left, from what I understand, although it is an O2 one and not a Sim free. But it has 70 Euro's call credit and vouchers to boot.

Great gaming console, although as a phone its just to big and weird.

Great deal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 651 ✭✭✭sirlinux

seanok: is there xtra vision vouchers with the phones or not? i dont see any mention of them in the poster or on the pigsback ad, did you get some? By the way it takes two seconds to unlock those phones if you end with an O2 one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,048 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Originally posted by RobertFoster
    ooo - €100 was my the amount I decided to wait for to get an Xbox at...

I think the Xbox is €100 if you sign up for Eircom BroadBand - thats the offer they have in Smyths in Jervis St....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

well i emailed xtravision and they said "Hope and expect another 300 in for restock for next week and offer will continue". So hopefully each store gets there fair share and not 99% of them going to dublin stores!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,529 ✭✭✭patch

Hmmm....must take a walk down to my mate in Xtravision.
    There's a decent gameboy colour emulator for these as well.

• Advertisement

Yes there were 50Euros worth of Xtravision vouchers included.

The o2 version included 70Euro call credit to boot and Fifa 2004 and 50Euro vouchers

The one I got had no call credit and the game was Tony Hawks ProSKater.

Not that it matters in anycase as you can get all the games on the net, if you know where to get them. (Not that you should do this though!!!)

Wouldnt mind a Nokia 6600 instead though, if anyone was insane enough to swap.

The N-Gage is also available in GamesWorld.

Was in Douglas Court in Cork yesterday and they have reduced their console to 100Euros with Fifa 2004 thrown in.

Gamesworld Distribution Ltd Unit 1 Douglas Court S.C Douglas Co Cork
    (021) 4364160

Also called GameStop with loacations all over the country (I think)

http://216.39.86.54/
    or
    [url]Http://www.gamesworld.ie[/url]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭embraer170

That one in GamesWorld, does it come with O2 call credit?

How does one get to that one in Douglas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Cheeky monkey

i was looking around and their getting a few in xtra vision around the weekend. in balbriggan. well thats what they told me. :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,841 ✭✭✭s8n

Picked one up in the new store in Malahide yesterday evening. Got the one with €70 call credit. Should I have got vouchers with that as well??

It won't accept my existing 02 sim, how can I make it simfree. Also It's not recognising the phone as been connected to the pc over usb (don't have a bluetooth card). Any ideas what might be causing this??

Help

• Advertisement

s8n: mailed you details on how to do it, your pm box is full.

Thanks a million for that. much appreciated.

As for the USB it should just appear as an extra drive, what OS are you running?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭tw0nk

I just got mine for 99 euros in xtravision in the parkway limerick, its amazing value,got 70euro cred (02) and fifa2004, the only thing wrong was that the radio wouldnt work but i found out the code to get it working from a nokia forum, go get one now!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 820 ✭✭✭qBot

Originally posted by tw0nk
    I just got mine for 99 euros in xtravision in the parkway limerick, its amazing value,got 70euro cred (02) and fifa2004, the only thing wrong was that the radio wouldnt work but i found out the code to get it working from a nokia forum, go get one now!

Anymore of em left in parkway tw0nk.. I could do with a new phone and a change from meteor to 02...

EDIT: do they include a sim card too?

yes got an email from xtravision and they confirmed stock hitting SOME stores today, just booked mine now so im off 2 get it, ring your local store b4 u go there as they might not have any stock or might be sold out.

ps: did anyone get xtravision vouchers with it?

Originally posted by qBot
    Anymore of em left in parkway tw0nk.. I could do with a new phone and a change from meteor to 02...

EDIT: do they include a sim card too?

Yup they include o2 simcard with 70euro credit and there are some left in parkway, i didnt get any xtravision vouchers though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,149 ✭✭✭oneweb

What's the transceiver that comes with it? Is it a bluetooth adaptor for the PC or what?

It is what it's.

Originally posted by oneweb
    What's the transceiver that comes with it? Is it a bluetooth adaptor for the PC or what?

It comes with a usb cable, but the phone itself is bluetooth too, so if you have bluetooth on your pc you can transfer files that way.

Originally posted by tw0nk
    Yup they include o2 simcard with 70euro credit and there are some left in parkway, i didnt get any xtravision vouchers though

Sweeet.

• Advertisement

btw, i presume it doesn't come with an mmc card. How much will one of these set u back. And what can't u do with it without the card.

EDIT: Checked komplett and their going for like €23 for 64mb, how much do they cost on the high street?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

So good, I bought 2 from Parkway! :D

My only problem is I can't get the laptop to recognise the ngage as a usb storage drive. :(

theres 11mb memory free on mine according to memory settings. So that should be enough for ringtones,wallpapers etc plus at least one game. Anyone having problems with the pc nokia suite( the cd u install). When i start it up, it says attach you ngage to the pc,which i have done with the usb cable, but when i click "ok" nothing happens( that screen just stays there). The PC suite itself said new hardware detected but that nokia suite doesnt seem 2 think so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭knifey_spoonie

I tryed my local store in portlaoise no joy,ive sent a email to head office so see what happens:D

the email i got said only some stores were getting them so your best bet is to ring other nearby stores.

Only copped on that the usb cable is for the audio manager( to put mp3s on it),u need a bluetooth dongle to put games etc on it.

http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?sku=120690&cks=SER

Anyone know if that above mmc is compatible with the n-gage?

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

Midleton had four this evening - around 8pm...

I have tried everywhere between rush and dublin and i still cant find 1 and sadly i couldnt call gamestop beacause they are closed. :(:(:(

Is the offer in gamestop still on ?

Originally posted by kaisersose77

http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?sku=120690&cks=SER

Anyone know if that above mmc is compatible with the n-gage? [/B]

checkout
    http://www.n-gage-help.com/ftopict-541-mmc.html

in balbriggan they r taking names (its in the dublin area)
    heres the details i know its not much but i hope it helps :)

Ballbriggan

Tel. 01 8412634
    10.00 - 24.00 Mon - Sat / 12.00 - 24.00 Sun

p.s would a multi media card work?

• Advertisement

anyone know where to get cheap compatible memory for it??

both in town and on-line??

Advertisement