Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

N-Gage 99 euros in Xtra-vision

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭tw0nk

When you plug your n-gage into your pc via usb port it should popup as an external hard drive on your pc, I think if you have a game in(fifa2004) instead of an mmc card winxp wont display your n-gage as a hard drive ,im waiting to get an mmc card so that i can test my theory out. hoping this is all that is wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 820 ✭✭✭qBot

Depends on what u want to do with it it seems.
    How can I connect my Nokia N-Gage game deck to my PC/laptop?
    The Nokia N-Gage game deck can connect to a compatible PC or laptop via Bluetooth connection for calendar synchronization and application download, and via USB cable for downloading music and other files to a memory card (MMC). A USB cable is provided in the sales package.
    http://www.n-gage.com/en-R1/gamedeck/ngage/faq/faq_general.htm#6

I think i'll just wait for the new QD to come out. As i'll have to buy a bluetooth dongle and an mmc card too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Boro

MMC Cards are going cheapish (42 quid for 128) on Sho4Memory.Very fast and reliable website. Ordered several times from them recently and got the stuff in 2 days every time.

Max memory card that the ngage accepts is 128mb btw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

Ngage QD doesn't include radio or mp3 functions, but the mp3 player can be installed via a symbian application. The QD will never had radio, handy to know if that's important to you. I like listening to the radio while playing a game :)

These yahoos do a 256 MMC card for 49.99 sterling. Don't know how they managed to get around the 128meg limit though.

http://www.ngage-user.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭garyc

how do you actually go about downloading games for it. i have it set up so its an extra drive on my PC but how do i actually transfer games to it?

I got mine for 99euro with fifa and 70euro credit in game stop xtravision yesterday!
    Not bad!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭d4

game stop xtravision yesterday!

so are gamestop doing this deal aswell...cos i checked their web site yesterday and there wasnt a mention of it..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭tw0nk

Originally posted by garyc
    how do you actually go about downloading games for it. i have it set up so its an extra drive on my PC but how do i actually transfer games to it?

I got mine for 99euro with fifa and 70euro credit in game stop xtravision yesterday!
    Not bad!

garyc, did you get the extra drive up on pc with an mmc card in or was it just with a game in? cos it wont display as an extra drive for me with fifa2004 in the ngage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Bannor

Just back from Xtra-vision on Baggot St. they got 4 in to stock yesterday but they were reserved for people. 3 with O2 sim cards, 1 sim free. The guy there didn't know when they would be getting any more into stock. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭wolfman

Originally posted by Boro

i put a 256 into one last night with MP3's and they played no problem???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭The Brigadier

Guys...

O2 Retail stores are dropping price on Tuesday to €99 with Fifa 2004. Expect other retailers to folow suit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Spoonman

Any more info on the xbox deal? Was it just bundled with eircom broadband and has the offer expired a few weeks ago?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 381 ✭✭Dr. Dodger

xbox were €96, they were refurbished but only available to xtra vision staff i'm afraid

orders were taken about a month ago now, as far as i know xtra vision are waiting for delivery from microsoft

you could get an xbox with eircom broadband, but that had nothin to do with x.v.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

@wolfman

what brand is the 256mb mmc u have?

theres so many different ones, some work, some dont, some half work

http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?sku=120690&cks=SER

The one above is meant to stop working if u go over 130MB, but if u go below it, it works fine.

http://www.n-gage-help.com/ftopict-541-mmc.html

The site above lists the compatible ones, but they say the one from komplett is compatible even though theres problems with it. So i havent a clue which one to order. As i have saw posts in ngage forums saying this mmc works fine for me, and then another post saying the same mmc doesnt work.

ps: if anyone knows of a cheap, fully compatible 256 MB mmc, please let me know :)

Originally posted by CivilServant
    Ngage QD doesn't include radio or mp3 functions, but the mp3 player can be installed via a symbian application. The QD will never had radio, handy to know if that's important to you. I like listening to the radio while playing a game :)

Ya, saw that alright. don't really listen to radio. Is there anything else it can't do that the original can.

Originally posted by Boro
    According to the N-Gage specs it can support 32/64/128/256/512MB memory cards. The forth coming N-Gage QD's specs only mention 32/64/128/256MB cards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,710 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

u can preorder it on american sites such as walmart and its $199, so it'll probably be sold for over 200 euros over here, so i dont think its worth waiting for

ps: the normal n-gage is 159 sterling in amazon.co.uk and 349 euros! in amazon.de, so i think its an absolute bargain with the phone credit and game your getting with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,149 ✭✭✭oneweb

For memory, among Elara, Crucial, Expansys, ITdirect, Komplett and Shop4memory, 7dayshop and Pricestorm, the best prices are from 7dayshop and Pricestorm for pretty much every size of memory (sd, mmc and smartmedia), and the comparisons include delivery costs. I have a file with comparisons which I'll upload after the weekend if interested.

It is what it's.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Badgers

Originally posted by The Brigadier
    Guys...

O2 Retail stores are dropping price on Tuesday to €99 with Fifa 2004. Expect other retailers to folow suit.

Where u hear this?

A friend of mine is a manager with O2. All the retail staff have been informed of this.

Originally posted by kaisersose77
    u can preorder it on american sites such as walmart and its $199, so it'll probably be sold for over 200 euros over here, so i dont think its worth waiting for

ps: the normal n-gage is 159 sterling in amazon.co.uk and 349 euros! in amazon.de, so i think its an absolute bargain with the phone credit and game your getting with it.

According to the Nokia press release , it should be around the €200 mark for non-subscription and €99 with a subscription. If I bought the n-gage now i'd only be buying it to sell it once the qd comes out next month

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭CivilServant

In the quickstart manual that comes with the ngage, it says that "To play music a 32MB, 64MB or 128MB memory card is required. Other memory cards are not supported."

Hopefully this statement is wrong. So wolfman what brand are you using?

@qbot - that's all the limitations. Nokia are more focused on gaming only this time round.

Originally posted by kaisersose77
    The QD is only dual-band so you won't be able to import it from the U.S. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭wolfman

@ kaisersose77
    AND
    @ CivilServant

Sorry for the delay guys. The card I am using came with a Medion Pocket PC that Aldi did about 6 months ago with a GPS receiver and maps. I reformatted the card and use it now for the Pocket PC for MP3's.

I don't know the brand, but Medion just put their own sticker on it to say it contains map of UK, Ireland and northern Europe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭v10

Just so you know guys ... The Vodafone Prepay N-Gage will be only €99 (inc FIFA 2004) in all phone shops from next Wednesday (5th May).

I think everyone is trying to dump their stock before the QD comes out.

Originally posted by Bannor
    The QD is only dual-band so you won't be able to import it from the U.S. :(

That would be the only drawback for me. I was planning on spending a few months there shortly. Ah well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Cheeky monkey

i got an n gage in gamespot so i think u should look around there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Cheeky monkey

im havin trouble with putting the music on my n gage can som1 please help :(:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

I heard from a friend in O2 about this aswell. I'd say they'll fly out of the stores. Would there be any problem using with a Meteor Prepaid Sim?

• Advertisement

Gamestop Henry St had 6 Sim Free for 99euro an hour ago. Without Fifa...

Advertisement