Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

quick network question

Options
  • 25-04-2004 4:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭

I have a netopia dsl modem(the one that u get off eircom) and i'm using it on one computer and using the usb port. what i'm wondering is can i use the other port to connect my other computer using the ethernet port. I can't connect directly to this comp cuz it doesn't have a network card. this would just be a short term thing while i'm waiting for to get my router but i wann have the net on my other comp. so would this work?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

can i use the other port to connect my other computer using the ethernet port.
    yes
    I can't connect directly to this comp cuz it doesn't have a network card.
    There you go

You can use usb/eth at same time with 2 pc`s

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

so i can do it? use usb for the one computer and the ethernet one for the other computer? that'll work won't it? and all i need is some cat5 cable yeah

yup some cat5, and a network card and follow the eircom instructions

i just thought there might be a conflict because of using the 2 ports at the same time, cuz r u only ment to use one or the other, or is this alright

Are you waiting for me to say it wont work?

Read The Friendly Manual :)

• Advertisement

no i just wanted to be sure, thanks for the help :)

Advertisement